Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Would you like to support Chemmy Alcott and the British Team?

Poster: A snowHead
Shimmy Alcott, well I'm sure we could cover the cost of a half-day ski pass!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm in if Chemmy gets me Julia Mancuso's telephone number.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Me too .
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
papasmurf wrote:
has anyone looked into the best way of funding someone? I'm sure there must be tax breaks or something if its down a certain way or would just handing over a cheque be just as usuaful for the athlete?

I'd certainly add my name, though being realistic I'm sure we'd only raise enough for chemmy to maybe add a snowheads sticker to her case, in the grand scheme of things

Depends if she can get herself registered as a charity, or receive the money through a charity, then you can claim Gift Aid on any donations - can add up to a huge amount of extra income, easily co-ordinated through something like Justgiving if you can get that sorted. Just an idea.

As for donations, she's welcome to a 1986 Ford Capri if she can get the boot lock undone, but it's not much use on icy roads.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
flangesax wrote:
Shimmy Alcott, well I'm sure we could cover the cost of a half-day ski pass!

£800 (minimum) as it stands at the moment - 40 donating at least £20 each - ought to cover a bit more than that Wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Me
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Me too. Money where mouth is and all that.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Put me down, with reservations about Paypal as previously mentioned.

Do we get to write our name on the bit of her that we sponsored, like they did with Guildford Cathedral for example?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Without sounding like a Tesco ad, every little helps. Count me in.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Count me in as well
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar, more than happy to help Chemmy, so count me in too!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And me
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just hypothetically speaking if she were to appear in certain gentlemen's publications (no, not the top shelf although I bet hef would pay a flaming fortune to feature her) then she'd guarantee an awful lot of sales of said magazine and would certainly get a large fee for doing so. I have no idea of her interpretation of this route of money earning but I know that if I was a fit and gorgeous as her I wouldn't have the faintest problem with earning funds by posing in skimpy clothing. I do appreciate, however, that not everyone thinks this way - I'm pointing out the facts as I see them!

I do think it's a flaming disgrace that we can't manage to run a serious ski/board team from this country.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm in.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Me too.
snow report
That's just about £1,000 pledged already. Wow! Help spread the word if you can, maybe we can offer support to others in the GB team who are equally struggling to get to the final races of the season.
ski holidays
I'm in ....
snow conditions
rob@rar, that's awesome in under 12 hours, well done Rob. I'm in.
latest report
Yep
latest report
Put me down as one as well .... and thanks to Chemmy for contributing elsewhere on the forum
latest report
Bode Swiller wrote:
rob@rar, that's awesome in under 12 hours, well done Rob. I'm in.

Thanks, but little to do with me. I just gave the ball a gentle nudge in the right direction. The fact that it's gathering speed is entirely due to the good nature of various snowHeads Smile
snow conditions
Please put me and Mrs Shaker down for £20 each
snow conditions
rob@rar, do we have enough donors to start something "properly" - will happily advertise it on my site too, think we can get a banner knocked up?
latest report
Count me in
snow report
ski-finder, I think plans will need to be made asap to get a payment page going via snowHeads. In the meantime maybe put a link from your website to this thread?

I've stuck a link on my Facebook status highlighting this thread. Maybe others could do the same if you use FB?
snow report
rob@rar, done... left menu and also now in my Sig too Smile

Oh and count me in too Smile
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
ski-finder, I think plans will need to be made asap to get a payment page going via snowHeads. In the meantime maybe put a link from your website to this thread?

I've stuck a link on my Facebook status highlighting this thread. Maybe others could do the same if you use FB?

Just copy and paste a link to thread into my facebook status or is there a clever way of doing it?
snow report
I'm happy to support Chemmy with my £20.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davkt wrote:
Just copy and paste a link to thread into my facebook status or is there a clever way of doing it?

That's what I did, although I think FB did something clever with it automatically.
ski holidays
I'll make one Rob.
ski holidays
Thanks Tarquin.
latest report
Why we love Chemmy:

Last year at the snowHead at Hemel with SmallW
snow conditions
Great response from everyone and a good sum of money raised very quickly.
I would love to support Chemmy but all my £20's are going into TJ's fund so he can complete his Europa cup programme this season.
Sorry Chemmy! I know you'll understand. See you at the Brits.
snow conditions
rob@rar, I'd be quite happy to contribute some money to the fund, however, PayPal's not working for me at the moment (if you could let me know by PM another option that would be appreciated).
ski holidays
skisimon, thanks. Donations will go via snowHeads in some shape or form, and I'm sure there are other options such as bank transfer. admin is discussing with various people what the best options are, including the possibility of other kinds of support in addition to the money generously pledged by everyone in this thread, so I'm sure that as soon as that becomes clear there will be more news.
snow report
.rob@rar, excellent, thanks
ski holidays
maybe if Chemmy could take French or Austrian or US citizenship she could get more team support Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I'm in. Flying to Garmisch-Partenkirchen (well via Munich) next Tuesday to watch them all compete live...can't wait Happy) Go Chemmy
snow report
Maybe if she married a filthy rich footballer she could get plenty of money. I hear that Cole bloke will be free soon ......
snow report
maggi, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy