Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who else has injured themselves this year??

Poster: A snowHead
Two weeks ago I broke my ankle after 3 glorious days' skiing in the Dolomites (Corvara).. no-one's fault but my own.
Last (more or less) run of the day after skiing Sella Ronda and then some. Legs felt great but ... light was flat and I failed to see a 2ft ledge between my piste and the one coming in from the left and so went airborne Tom & Jerry style flat on my face on the piste. My friends skiing behind me tell me I was going fast and off piste but 'onest I didn't see the jump it until I was on it!

Now have two pins and a plate and a rigid 'ski boot' in place for 5-6 weeks.

Signing off Bored Stiff of Wimbledon
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I know PG has and sparish as well. Personally, I stretched some ligaments in my thumb on a course back in Nov and it's still not right now.

I've killed a pair of skis though wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mr B fell on the second run of the first day in Val D Christmas week, ended up in a full length leg brace for the rest of the week Sad . Shame that I've had to have another on 'my own' so far this season.... and the EOSB, too.... Little Angel
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Does a week in bed in a ski resort with a chest infection count as an injury? Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Had 3 stiches in my thumb when I slipped when sawing some wood.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Think ill not respond to this thread until 9th-16th April is long past wink

::superstition alert!::
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A woman crashed into me in VT in Jan . I still have a broken collarbone. Off to see a consultant on Thurs, hoping for better news. Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Elizabeth B wrote:
Does a week in bed in a ski resort with a chest infection count as an injury? Crying or Very sad

Oooohh - Liz, if it does, then I'll claim 4 days over Christmas too Sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had the poop beaten out of me by a barstool in Austria, busted rib and torn chest ligaments leaky lung, joke is the cold I caught on the way home dam near killed me. Much, much better now.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Masque, you really do seem a wee bit accident prone.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My knee is a bit buggered!- its hurting so much now I cant sleep

And what feels like the mother of all coughs coming on-that'll be the post ski trip chest infection then- hurrah!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Helen Beaumont, Not always, . . I think someone's trying to kill me. In the meantime I'm developing drinking armour for the next time I go to Austria . . . that and a second liver!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Banged up left arm, shoulder and chest when I got picked up again and then dumped off a chair lift on a dozy dismount. Posted it in Masque's 'ooohhh sh---it' thread but can't find that now. Nothing broken AFAIK and it's all fine now. Took about a month to stop hurting though.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sprained medial ligaments last afternoon on December 23rd at Les Arcs just above the Transarcs Gondola. Made it back to Villaroger for ice and elevation then got up at 5:30 on Christmas Eve to drive me and SP 750 miles back home. Longest drive of my life as I could hardly get in and out of the car to refuel the it, me and SP.

Took SP to La Rosiere at half term for a week and managed to ski, but kept it well controlled and not too much off piste as I had little to no quad muscle left on my right leg.

Just started cycling and running again last week so it looks like the knee is going to be okay, for now!!

CP

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 16-03-05 11:26; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have a tear in my knee meniscus, not sure how big yet am waiting for a scan. Also will prob have an Op. BIG B*gg*r!
no more boarding...running...rugby....rowing....Just Cycling, thats all i can do i did watch the whole of eastenders while on a bike in the gym the other day....my back bottom went completely numb!
snow report
I did a medial on boxing day. Still troubling me a little, but fit to ski.
snow conditions
Masque, I understand drinking armour has already been developed although it is marketed as something called a fat suit, you may however wish for something a little better, given your past history may I suggest sitting inside an armoured car wink
latest report
Broken collarbone in VT in February Sad

a stupid fall, literally just before the bubble home from Motteret, but swan dived onto my shoulder..
Skiing back down the black into VT was 'interesting' as I didnt want to take a taxi back from Motteret if I saw the doc there... But it hurt even more the next day..

Worst bit has been not going skiing again this week in Val D'Isere Sad and my so called 'mates' calling me every day to tell me how great it is out there right now... rolling eyes

Still, no work till Easter Smile
ski holidays
In Meribel I shut a loo door in a hurry and caught and bruised my finger tip (too keen to get back to the slopes) but thankfully that is my only injury so far this year. Things may need an update after the EOSB though Very Happy
snow report
Bev - noooo - There's no injuries allowed then! Mind you - we'll have Linds and Jonpim.... Laughing
snow conditions
Lost a big toenail in Dec, on first morning and another in Jan. Still have no feeling in the big toe....so it shouldnt hurt at Easter!
snow conditions
Michelle, I might be there . . . . heheheheh Shocked
ski holidays
Minor fracture and sprain in wrist, but got some wrist guards and was boarding again in 2 weeks, albeit in a small amount of pain.
ski holidays
Adding a snapped medial collateral ligament, snapped cruciate ligaments and torn cartilage to the list on first day of skiing in Tignes on 30th January. If I'm lucky I'll get back to work in a couple of weeks though still undergoing lots of physiotherapy (my knee doth protest regardeth this!) and awaiting operation to fix everything Sad On the upside I have now got 70 degrees of bend which hopefully will be improved upon by the time I get to physioterrorism again on Friday! Finally get an MRI scan tomorrow evening so I find out the exact extent of the damage done.

Signing off Extremely Bored in Middlesbrough! Shocked
latest report
DZJ1978,

Every time I see your name it reminds me of a Viz top Tip. It advised people not to waste money on expensive private number plates but to change their name to match their car registration number instead Very Happy
snow report
Quote:

Every time I see your name it reminds me of a Viz top Tip. It advised people not to waste money on expensive private number plates but to change their name to match their car registration number instead

Tee hee cheers! I think rolling eyes

That's the problem with 'tinternet - too many forums to belong to and too many passwords to remember, at least if it is a vaguely familiar username I stand half a chance at remembering both the username and password to match! Plus with the amount of pain killers I've popped in the last 7 weeks along with the odd hot chocolate and baileys I NEED it to be simple! Very Happy
snow conditions
Masque wrote:
Michelle, I might be there . . . . heheheheh Shocked

No - no - Shocked

Okay - pack the cotton wool, where is it - damn, airing cupboard.... got it - phew - is there enough? NNNNooooooo - need to buy half a tonne more...... shops.... now......
ski holidays
DZJ1978,

No offense intended - made me smile Little Angel
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Masque makes Frank Spencer look safe wink

The chance of him getting through the week without injury is that slim it's probably cheaper for him to buy the lift tickets oin a daily basis snowHead
ski holidays
Come on! . . . the last one was just a coincidence by being in a ski resort. It could've happened anywhere a barstool's allowed out without supervision. Besides, it was an honourable injury in defence of a lady's virtue. . . even if the mardy mare will never apreciate it.

"People fall in love, but they have to climb out." wink
latest report
Masque wrote:
I might be there . . . . heheheheh Shocked

Brings to mind what someone apparantly said about Joe Simpson(of Touching the Void fame)
"When he's on the mountain,we all get nervous!!" I now know what he meant wink
snow conditions
My credit card is in some pain...
latest report
I often have headaches and nausea in resort the morning after attending bars/restaurants. Dunno if I'm covered for "medical attention" for that tho..... wink
ski holidays
My Mum (73) dislocated her shoulder in VT in December. Skiing again in late January.
snow conditions
Ski - now that makes me feel better!! Smile
ski holidays
Pulled a muscle (I think !) in my back the night before setting off to Ellmau did it lifting my Ski bag (massive !) into boot of car Shocked didn't stop me skiing but when stopped in evening + first couple of days after coming back it %$£^&** killed ! On trip we also had 1 lady fall over and twist knee on first day so couldn't ski rest of week and 1 other lady "fall!" off the chair lift and break 2 ribs spending a couple of days in hospital as a result ! rolling eyes

Rich
ski holidays
Just got back from hospital, nice man in expensive shirt says I still have broken collarbone, unsure about the unnerving noises, but ligaments and rotator cuff intact Smile I can try driving (back roads and only a bit he says) New xray shows big lumpy shadow around break-apparently this is good and I am not being lined up for the Black & Decker treatment.
snow conditions
Goodness me - this is a scary thread..... Maybe we ought to do a "is there a snowhead who hasnt injured themselves this year... " thread!! What I dont understand is... how come my leg (had a cartilidge op in Oct) felt fine while we were skiing the weekend - and is now aching.... and my upper back that is agony almost all the time when I am in England - feels fine all the time I'm skiing???
Mind you - I always seem to break my nails when I'm skiing... Seriously though.... poor broken snowheads -hope all those who have got hurt this year recover reallllly quickly.xx
ski holidays
I didnt injure myself skiing, but dislocated a rib or 3 about a month before we went..... the osteo, thankfully did his stuff and I had a wonderful week only falling once and then, in powder on a blue so no harm done. Except the ego.

This year, I decided to use my expensive knee support. Damn glad I did. Next year I will buy another plus wrist supports all round too.......... I have a habit of bashing my wrists whilst poleing. Not sure how but I have some excellent brown to purple bruising just starting to fade away........
snow conditions
tessaventer, Just realised that your accident may have caused you to miss out on the Tea Dancing in Corvara - did you make it or not? Or maybe it was the evening before Very Happy

Anyway. I hope you recover soon.

CP
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy