Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

les menuires ski hire and passes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Greetings snowheads!
Off to Les Men for easter, driving for 1st time, with mrs boss and 2 bosslets aged 10 and 11. Rather unsure whether to buy just the local pass or the 3 valleys pass; there are no family passes for the whole Belleville valley inc VT. I guess they do this to get one to buy the whole lot. The kids will do half days in school so I presume that us adults will not get far before having to return to pick them up. We are low intermediates, the lad on blacks but the rest of us prefering long blues and some reds. I am hesitating because we skiied espace Killy at xmas, and only covered 2 thirds of it. It was great, hence more skiing.
Any preferences for ski hire in Les Bruyeres would be greatly appreciated as well. Many thanks and happy skiing.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Family lift passes can only be purchased on-line. Here is the link http://www.skipass-lesmenuires.com/catalog/

The difference between a local and full area lift pass is only about a fiver a dayWe skied out of Les Menuires in a not dissimilar situation (nearly 4yo skiing for first time). We got a full area pass. Mont Vallon is a short hop over and really nice skiing. But on the other hand we skied 70% of the time in our home valley. Are you skiing 8 days? 6 I think you'd get away with but 8 you may feel you want a bit more to do. I am not sure if you are allowed to buy an extension for a day or two. Maybe a good option if you can.

Layne
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've stayed in Les Men twice, once in Les Bruyeres. Given your situation I would say that a local pass woud be just about adequate but one important thing to consider is that the bulk of the slopes at Les Men (with the exception of La Masse) face south/west and can really suffer in warmish temps/sun. Given that you're going at Easter it's likely (but not guaranteed of course!) to be fairly warm so you may find yourselves wishing that you'd gone for the 3V pass so you can escape to VT for firmer conditions.
As for equipment hire, I got mine (skis only) at the Reberty-Bruyeres Intersport store. Was happy with the service. Wasn't happy with my skis the first time, took them back and the guy suggested I went up a level to the advanced skis. I was v dubious given that I was a middling intermediate but he was dead right. They were much newer and better maintained and much grippier as a result - I even started to enjoy skiing hardpack!
Have a great time!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for that advice; I`ve just booked skis at the very same store ! Ithink there is no avoiding the big pass; we are there 8 days and it suddenley looks alot of money, but it sounds like it is worth it. I will report upon my return. Cheers ears
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy