Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Club Hotel Le Grand Aigle, Villeneuve, Serre Chevalier - now booked

Poster: A snowHead
I thought there'd been some info on this hotel here, but can't find anything on the search facitlity. So, wondered whether anyone has any first/second hand experience/info.

Thanks

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 9-03-10 19:47; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Steyed there a couple of years ago on a last minute deal. Basic room but no complaints, it's geared up for big groups and think we got a group leader room, twin beds & tv, most people we talked to had much more basic facilities. However all was warm, quiet, plenty of hot water and a good nights sleep. British Manageress and husband seemed to keep a very tight rein on the very young staff, resulting in surprisingly good service, good food and a happy atmosphere.

Pretty much ski in-ski out, we were there late March 08 and the run back was slushy at the end of the day. Ski room was a bit of a scrum in the morning, mainly due to a couple of large beginner groups unfamiliar with kitting up for the day. Save a few euros and take your own lock for the ski locker.

Two bars, "sports" bar with sky tv, pool table etc which we avoided and converted cellar/stable? bar where we had some good nights, very good house red and bizzare acoustics due to vaulted ceiling, a noisy room when it's full but you can hear someone whisper at the opposite side of the room if you sit in the right place.

Would definitely consider rebooking if a good last minute price was available.

Think there is a snowhead who has a family member working there this season.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1 guest, excellent. Exactly the info I was after. Many thanks indeed Smile

Now just need to wait for the last minute prices...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chasseur, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/search.php?mode=results , these are my search results, when are you thinking of going out?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen Beaumont, the link doesn't seem to go to the search string unfortunately. Looking at the 27th March.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chasseur, the default search is for topic title now, try selecting search for all terms, and select topic title and message text. We'll be out there that week so look us up.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There might be some deals with Ski Miquel or the Hotel Rif Blanc in Monetier.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chasseur, kevducky is the snowhead who has referred to having a family member working there this season, I think. Might be worth a PM?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Helen Beaumont and gamekeeper Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wooohoooo booked for WC 27th March snowHead

So who's out there then?

And anyone with any local contacts in Villeneuve for ski hire.....? Discounts welcome.... wink Very Happy

Can't wait! Snow depths look good and only 2.5 weeks or so to go snowHead First time back in SC for 7 years. Excited? Not arf!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chasseur, we'll be out there until 4th April. No contacts in Villeneuve for ski hire I'm afraid.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Helen Beaumont, would be fun to meet up at some point Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Helen Beaumont, Chasseur, I've just booked from 28th Mar to 4th April, staying in Chantemerle. We can meet up if you like at some point during the week.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
VolklAttivaS5, fine idea Smile
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've just been looking at a piste map of SC....has the bubble out of Chantemerle been "cut in half"? Looks as though it now stops at Serre Ratier with a new chair going up from there? The bubble used to go up to Grand Alp...non?
ski holidays
Chasseur, I haven't used it in a while, but I think that's right.
snow conditions
We're booked there , going next Saturday Very Happy
snow conditions
Clare_M, have a great time.....look forward to the trip report snowHead
snow report
Hopefully the cast will come off my wrist in time to write a report! (Broke my wrist 3 weeks ago!)
snow conditions
Clare_M, Sad good luck with that...
ski holidays
Chasseur wrote:
I've just been looking at a piste map of SC....has the bubble out of Chantemerle been "cut in half"? Looks as though it now stops at Serre Ratier with a new chair going up from there? The bubble used to go up to Grand Alp...non?

yeah theres a chair now, the pylons from the old lift up are still there though.
snow report
Chasseur, cast is off now, so it's all systems go! Obviously have to take it a bit easier, but it feels OK-ish.

I'm sure it will be fine!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy