Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Equipe 10 3v on sale

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know they're not the latest and greatest, but always had a hankering for these beauties. Currently skiing Atomic 10-16s at 160 and ever since giving a proper pair of slalom skis a blast (Volkl P60s) have been tempted. Now I find them on sale - even better the right length at 155cm - at my local shop for £300.

What do you folks think? WTFH, am I mistaken or did you used to own a pair of these? I've heard they can be a bit of a handful once you leave the corduroy, but that's all I really enjoy blasting down anyway...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
masopa, Go for it ! mind you £300 is a lot ! With bindings ? snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
masopa, which model year are they? If you're unsure, take a look at the prolinks on them. What shape are they in front and behind the boot.
Also, what binding are they doing with them?
In my opinion, the older ones are better - this years were OK, but nothing special, but go back 2+ years and you had a great ski, worthy of the race pedigree name.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Will have a look, but if my memory serves me right the prolinks are the new shape - certainly not like the old ones I remember from the Scream (?) range. They're with the new Salomon (914?) bindings and FIS riser plate. Actually thought £300 was pretty reasonable... Only problem is I'm in the process of buying a house and £300 nearly gets me an extractor for above the new cooker Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
masopa, if it's the ti binding, that's a pretty good deal, but it wouldn't be my choice in ski from the last couple of years.

As for extractors, has your house got windows? OPEN THEM.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The latest 10 3v (marked LAB on the ski) doesn't have any prolink, and, just to be a pain in the a$$ Salomon have made the new riser plate with a hole configuration at the toe that only fits the race binding, (which has the two toe screws at a different spacing) ..

However if you put a standard Salomon toe piece on, the two toe piece holes nearest the boot fit OK into holes, the two screws away from the boot (nearest to the tip of the ski), will go in and hold if driven at an angle.

Since there isn't a light version of the race binding, we have been forced to do that with kids and light ladies who really don't want the high DIN of the race setup. Whichever Clever Charlie at Salomon who came up with this configuration should be hung up by his #### and asked WHY, WHY, WHY? Evil or Very Mad

Wear The Fox Hat, Apart from the binding mounting issue, the LAB series skis are a great improvement on last years, which as you observer were not held in the high favour of the 10 3vs of 3 and 4 years ago..
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for that Colin - am still tempted, but shiny kitchen stuff is also requiring funds, so it'll be a toss-up...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy