Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

guiding/instruction in the Alps

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've only skied in the Rockies, but currently live in Brussels and am planning a week in the Alps. I hope to leave in the next few days and will be going solo.

I would love to find a way to spend the week skiing with a group of capability-matched skiers, accompanied by a guide/instructor. It seems I could EITHER take lessons OR join a guided group. What I would rather find is a blend of the two, but still in group form. Something less structured and more adventurous than traditional lessons (at least based on my experience with them in the US). A week spent doing a variety of things on a variety of off-piste terrain, where I could push myself and reach the next level.

Is this hard to find, especially given I would be solo?

I would rate myself as an advanced skier who can ski anything. I love steep. I have room to improve in moguls (and would like to).

Would love advice on where/how to find this kind of thing.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,

I think the best advise would be to join an off-piste or backcountry week offered by one of the UK companies around the alps.

Cham has a number of setups offering this sort of package with guides or instructors.

I have some 'Backcountry' weeks planned for next season, what I have left this year is running some steep skiing camps in April.

Cheers

www.chrisfecher.wordpress.com
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have a look at the UCPA:

http://holidays.ucpa.com/Default.aspx
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was leaning toward cham; I figure if you can't find it there, you can't find it anywhere.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have a look at the skiers lodge in La Grave. As far as i know they offer the kind of service you're looking for & whilst they're based in La Grave which has a big reputation they don't exclusively limit themselves to the immediate hill. http://www.skierslodge.com/

One problem you may find is that you're possibly leaving it a bit late to get a space with a group of the type you're looking for.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Check out www.snoworks.co.uk and see if they have any thing running - they don't do guiding but the instruction is top level
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Instructors v Guides?

I think for both you have to pick a good one for starters!

If a company is offering a backcountry or Freeride course It should be more about the skiing rather than standing in line. Some top level instructors are offering
more coaching/guided packages.

This is quite close to me as it's the reason why I choose to do the teaching qualification in the first place, I get to guide/teach off-piste and backcountry skiing and ski tour up to single day tours with my ISTD the only thing I can't do is work on glaciers.

I won't make you stand in line if you don't want to!

www.chrisfecher.wordpress.com

Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy