Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere advice please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, Going to La Rosiere on the 6th March for a fortnight with the family. Myself and my son are beginner (ish) boarders. Looking for advice on place's to eat (nothing fancy just good food, nice friendly atmosphere ) Also would love to go to La Plange to try the bobsleigh run, how difficult would it be to get there and back, the run only operates from late afternoon onwards. Any other advise appreciated. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
breakdown, do you have your own transport? If not then I don't think it's a runner. In guessamatic mode I'd say 1/2 hour drive down to Bourg St Maurice, not sure how far but not to much along valley then back up to La Plagne, another 1/2 hour? Did the bob thing at La Plagne years ago bl@@dy fast and a little scary Shocked

Foodwise there's quite a few options, McKinleys, the one over the bar that someone will name shortly and we went to Les Marmottes this year which was very nice but not that cheap.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
breakdown, I'll be in La Thuile then, just over the hill.

Maybe your TO organises day trips to other resorts? Worth finding out.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
will be there 7-14Mar, hope it is good for beginners (2nd week)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, Thanks for the replys folks. Not got my own transport but will def see TO maybe they can sort something out, you've really got me wanting a shot on the bob now Stevew, sounds great Smile . Most of the reviews I've seen on La Rosiere say that it's good for beginners redbarron51, nothing to extreme. Would like to try going over to La Thuile but since I'm still learning, I think the tow over would be too much. This is going to be a long week at work rolling eyes wish I was on the plane now.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
breakdown wrote:
. Would like to try going over to La Thuile but since I'm still learning, I think the tow over would be too much.

I took my son to LaRos for his first week skiing. After a week in ski school we managed to get him over to La Thuile on the final Saturday for lunch. We did take the bubble down into La Thuile though, avoiding all the steep blacks down into the town.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks like we're going to be very lucky with the snow. This week sees the deepest so far this season with more forecast!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Wired, might give La Thuile a go then, if your son can do it, there's hope for an old one like me Laughing . Bodecia I've been keeping an eye on the weather and it sure is looking good, we should have a good time Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
breakdown, he was 22 at the time.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ahh a bit older than I thought, Blush
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy