Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski area from Geneva,

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I spent several hours in Geneva today on our way home from watching Everton in Lisbon. (Thanks French air traffic control).
I was looking at the mountains across from the terminal, i had seen the strip of white between the trees but never realised it was a ski lift.
I think it is the Jura mountains, Crozet.
Question is, that all around the airport is snow free and the bottom of the lift seems at the same altitude so can you usually ski back down into Crozet?
Anyone have experience of this area?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ianbradders, ian, I think it's actually an access lift. I don't think it's exciting from a ski point of view. I could easily be well wrong though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Several comments on snowheads

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=1457

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1456372

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=19470

Enjoy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bertie bassett, under a new name, thanks people,
i have now followed the lift up on google earth and it looks like under a new name, is right. looks like the crozet lift takes you up to a lake and the skiing goes up from there to 1690m.
Well worth a look i would think.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
From inside the Crozet bubble lift I have seen ski tracks underneath and once some skiers. The route always looked to have a thin layer of snow on a undulating surface with tree stumps etc. I was never tempted to ski down. The skiing at the top of that part of the Juras is good, it is certainly worthwhile if you only have half a day. When I was last there they sold half-day tickets valid for the morning or the afternoon. They have ticket reading machines at various places to check that a morning-only ticket is not misused.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ianbradders, I used to ski on the Jura pretty regularly when living near Ferney Voltaire. I only ever skied the lift line once and that was pretty scratchy, but had to be done snowHead

If you are in the area it is certainly worth a day up there especially if the snow is recent and low. There are great views across Geneva, the lake and to the Alps.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CP, I will certainly pay it a visit next time i am in the area, anywhere with snow is worth a visit.
What height is the top of the crozet bubble then Adrian, ? any idea?
Dont think i would chance it down the run under the lift.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ianbradders, I Was looking at this recently, top is 1690m I think...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ianbradders, lift line is well skiable with a bit of snow and an old pair of skis! The bubble takes you up to a learners area and then there's a 4 man to take you over the other side where the skiing is better due to the prevailing winds.
Had a season pass a couple of seasons ago when we lived in Cessy at the bottom of the Jura.
The 2 resorts are fun for a morning or afternoon. Liked it a lot but the fact I've not been back since we moved into Geneva says it all really. When you're so close to higher vaster mountains there's not much point wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy