Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

1st alpine ski team chief to get the boot? - place yer bets..

Poster: A snowHead
Ok so post Vancouver which nation will be the first to sack their alpine ski team chief...

Austria - Not a great return given the status of the sport.

France - The have the odd ski resort right, but basically achieved sod all in alpine. Meanwhile their Biathlon coaches need a huge bonus and the boarder/ski cross guys did well too..

Italy - Well there's always 2014...

Trebles and bonuses all round for USA, Switzerland and Norway...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bertie bassett, I think the Austrian Coach may already be checking Google Maps for his nearest Job office.

Amazes me how weak hte French Alpine team are in both the world cup and the olympics considering there general approach to all things.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Austrian might just be rescued by his slalom guys & gals (although the gals are considered mere cellar fodder) but the pressure on Herbst, Raich, Hersher etc will be immense and we all know what happens in such situations.

Likewise, Lizeroux might save France.

Funnily enough, USA have beeen sooooo successful that there is nowhere else to go... so maybe sack that boss.

It's a tough question. I'm going to say Austria.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bode Swiller, seconded!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Andy Hunt
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
On first ball I would agree it will be Austria, but with knowing a bit of background of those things in Austria, I doubt Giger will be looking for new job. But then again, it's end of 4 years so things could be changing no matter how many medals they would bring back.
And yes only men DH, and to some extent also SG, counts. Everything else is just second class in Austria. Even if they win all 3 medals in men and women SL, it still won't change public opinion that these Olympics were disaster with no medals.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Austria to win two golds in the slalom....and it might just save the coach's job... The French have been woeful!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Even team GB are getting in on the Act.

Quote:
Team GB chiefs defend lowly medal haul

British Olympic bosses have defended Team GB's achievements at the Winter Olympics following criticism that they have won just one medal so far.

Short track speed skater Jon Eley provides GB's sole realistic chance of adding to Amy Williams' skeleton gold.

"We have achieved what we set out to do," said Team GB chief Andy Hunt.

"We never set a target. We just said 'better than Turin'. Amy's gold checked off that objective. We would have liked more but that is a good outcome."

Eley competes in his final event, the 500m, in Vancouver on Friday.

You can't blame the athletes at all - none of them are going out there and thinking fifth or sixth is OK

Sir Steve Redgrave

In the Turin Olympics four years ago, Shelley Rudman's silver, also in skeleton, was Britain's sole medal.

UK Sport, the governing body which decides how much funding Olympic athletes receive, set a target for Team GB of three medals of any colour but Hunt is happy his team has gone one better this time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic_games/vancouver_2010/8537873.stm

Saying only one gold medal is OK and we have achieved what we set out to do does sound very lame. [/quote]
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In my opinion, one gold is pretty good. Sure you will all get upset now, but I really don't consider GB as contender in winter Olympics. So for me 1 gold is great result.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
primoz, I agree one is great but the first target set was
Quote:
UK Sport, the governing body which decides how much funding Olympic athletes receive, set a target for Team GB of three medals of any colour but Hunt is happy his team has gone one better this time.

How to adjust your goals to met your accomplishments.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bode Swiller wrote:
The Austrian might just be rescued by his slalom guys & gals (although the gals are considered mere cellar fodder) but the pressure on Herbst, Raich, Hersher etc will be immense and we all know what happens in such situations.

Likewise, Lizeroux might save France.

Funnily enough, USA have beeen sooooo successful that there is nowhere else to go... so maybe sack that boss.

It's a tough question. I'm going to say Austria.

Is a silver from Schild enough of does he need one of the big guns to pull it out the bag?

I reckon the frenchies will be looking pretty worried now... I mean the Germans got 3 golds out of 5 ladies events....
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bertie bassett, she'll be back down the cellar and better remembered as Benni's bird. Sad but true. The Austrians must have men's speed event golds or qvwestions vil be asked.

Italian, French & Austrian honchos are in the firing line.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bode Swiller, you are an intelligent man........I think you may want to re-think that last remark. Marlies is one of the most talented womens technical skiers Austria has produced over the last years....anyone care to disagree?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DAB, I'm with you and I really do not find the cellar comments at all funny! Juvenile, yes rolling eyes

Marlies' second run last night was a dream to watch! She danced down the piste despite the worsening conditions. Görgl's run was magic, shooting her from 22nd in the second run up to 7th. An absolutely amazing example of coache's motivating and skier's skill!

I reckon France and Italy will be re-thinking their strategies, of course depending on the end results from the World Cup races.

I feel really sorry for Chemmy. Her results seemed to get progressively worse and slalom has never been her strongest event. She was really the only person in the skiing events who was a "name" and consequently had the added pressure of unrealistic expectations to be fulfilled. I think she did well considering the Snowsports debacle and the sh|t hitting the fan just before the Games kicked off. I was listening to the German commentary during one of her races and they were very complimentary about her skills and speculated what she could achieve if she were with a "grown-up" ski team! Shocked

Aren't the men's and women's teams coached by separate teams in most of the alpine countries? I can see the French and Italian ladies coaching team being reviewed! Not so sure about the men's yet, let's see what the men's slalom brings!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Coaches apart Id be more inteersted if that loudmouthed Yank who bellows at the start gate got the boot
snow conditions
Didn´t think so.
ski holidays
T-Dub wrote:
Coaches apart Id be more inteersted if that loudmouthed Yank who bellows at the start gate got the boot

I thought he was paid just to shout...
snow report
bertie bassett, Yep he is paid.
snow report
Sponsorship idea! Get random punters to pay lots of money for the privilege of being in the start gate with Chemmy and getting to shout, "Come on, girl! Go, go Chemmy!"
latest report
One head rolls http://www.fisalpine.com/news/berthold-new-head-coach-the-austrian-ski-men,651.html
snow report
Bode Swiller, who said sport and politics don´t mix? This has been a long time coming
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy