Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Shogun

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ive been hearing the salomon shogun talked about as a one ski quiver. Just wondering how good it is on hardpack/ piste? Any other comments on this ski?
Thanks in Advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Awesome - bought skis in a moment of weakness last week and used them 2 days so far-Aonach Mor last weekend and quick tour near Glenshee mid week. It felt like cheating! Wind blown powder, scoured hard snow, crud, sastrugi - blasted through/over all of it. Felt ok on hard scrapped piste. Little unwieldly in tight spaces but my impression is that I'll get used to it. Can't wait to try them in powder. I'm fairly heavy 1.82m, 95-100kg(gear on). 182cm ski.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mackief wrote:
Awesome - bought skis in a moment of weakness last week .

snap! did just the same last week. Am fitting the bindings today and off to La Grave 14/03 for 4 days - can't wait to try them. 182 skis also ( height 182 cm and 70 kg body weight) will report after..
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mackief - did one of your buddies face plant beautifully at Aonach Mor perchance? On Bandits?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I thought they were poo-poo. Plenty of threads already on here about them. Found them dull. I'm a fat git though and it seems size certainly matters with these wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Skied them for 10 days in Banff at New Year and loved them. Fresh snow at the start, hard packed in places by the end. No problems.

Planning a trip to the Highlands for next weekend so that I don't have to put them away for the year! 1'm about 185cm, 75 kgs.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
joshsurf1, I do some work for Salomon but here is my 2 cents worth

I love these skis they are awsome as a one ski quiver? I am not to sure. Even working them hard you need space and speed but they are 100 underfoot so its all about give and take I guess.

Amazing in Powder I mean they will make you look like a god they are so perfect and responsive and just right when you push them

On wide piste they carve really well and are quite responsive; but in narrower places I would reccomned Short radius rather than edge to edge I love them but still ahve a pair of 3V in the bag when I go away
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fattes13, unless you have a ski caddy it's a bit difficult to swap out to a pair of 3Vs when you're in the tight trees or at the top of a narrow hard-packed couloir Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sideshow_Bob, What you dont have a guy that skis around behind you with a full picnic and your ski quiver Very Happy Or is it just me?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fifespud wrote:
Mackief - did one of your buddies face plant beautifully at Aonach Mor perchance? On Bandits?

Yep, YouTube link coming your way soon!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fattes13, I used to but my father is getting a bit too old and slow now. Still it used to be useful at the top of the odd mogul field back in the good old days of straight skis: "hey dad, fancy a go on my 205cm deflex-bedecked factory GS skis while I borrow your 191cm 9S?" Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy