Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Childrens mittens and socks

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any recommendations for good ones? Thought I would canvas opinions whilst half-term memories were fresh.

My two declared that the £3.99 pair of mitterns from Lidl were better than the more expensive ones and the fact that they noticed such a difference has made me think I ought to suss out some better ones (Lidl ones only came in 1 size that was too small for bigger child and expect smaller one too by next year). E also complained less of cold feet when wearing the one pair with some wool in.... ANYTHING to prevent her getting cold feet is worth some money in my opinion... she never really cheered up when she got in that frame of mind!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dont think canvas mittens or socks will be very good on askiing trip Puzzled wink

we had 2 pairs of Lidl this year and they were great
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Socks, Aldi/Lidl can't be beaten for price/performance, me and the kids all happily used them in the Carpathians last week with no complaints at all. My kids all did fine with their Lidl gloves and given the speed they grow out of or trash things I don't see any point in buying more expensive kit at this stage. Youngest's (age 6) only complaint about her Aldi ski suit was she was too warm out on the mountain!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
katedenhaag, son had Snow Life mittens from TK Maxx this year, brilliant swiss made and a gauntlet style so they drew up snug over the wrist, they were about £7 I think. He was keen to wear this particular pair even with a couple of alternatives. Suspect they will be too small by next season. He also has Barts gloves but they are a pain to get on and he doesn't seem keen on them. Invicta are cute but not particularly warm and don't come up high on the wrist.

Socks - bought Smartwool ones in the sale from S&R last year, About £5 a pair, brilliant, soft and warm, they are my favourite brand too. However he did complain of cold feet one day last week, it was bitter and I got a pair of very fine silk socks in resort to wear underneath, which worked well and I had no further complaints from him.

So this week I have been up to Decathlon and bought, in case it happens again, another pair of silk socks and also a pair of junior tights if I can bring myself to put my boy in tights! they were reduced Smile

Also saw a very strange creation in there come kind of 'collant-chaussette', it's like a pair of tights but with attached socks, wasn't sure so didn't buy but might work for some.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tk maxx wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Aldi socks for both kids and next gloves for the older one, younger one has a pair from Snow and Rock (ebay) and a pair that were a pressie so don't know where they were from. The most important thing with the younger one is having two pairs because she sucks her thumb through them and they get soggy rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
katedenhaag, Take a look at this thread, it may help....

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=59601#1421948
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I take 2 pairs of gloves or mittens for all the kids as even though they don't thumb suck they don't seem able to get though half a day without making them soggy somehow!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy