Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flaine Ski School - ESF, ESI or Other

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Which would you go for? It'll be for a boarder who's had his sessions at Tamworth, and two skiers, one of whom had her first trip last year and is reasonably competent on easy reds and will "give it a go", and one other who learnt at Matson and will need to find his ski legs again.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hyweljenkins, have used ESI on a couple of occasions for our boys for 6 day school up to 'competition' level and the odd private. Always been impressed and the office seems well run too, easy to contact. One guy Theo sticks in my mind. Also the independent lady ski instructor Catherine Poopeville (?sp) who has a good reputation locally.

http://www.skicat74.com/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another vote fore ESI Flaine.
There's a very good ski school based in Samoens called Zigzag but not sure if they'll come over to Flaine.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My boys have always had lessons with ESI - good tuition, small groups (usually only the two of them - virtually private lessons for the price of group), handy meeting place (for us) in Flaine Foret, new office in Foret is also a bonus, much more customer focused than ESF
Worth trying Catherine as she is very good - unfortunately as a result she's booked up very early & does not have much availability
(PS if you do book lessons with ESI & need ski hire, go to the the SkiSet shop in Foret - it's right next door)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dont use ESF!

I can honestly say you would be better not bothering with lessons than to use ESF our experience was of unprofessional attitudes, blinding arrogance and the most useless teaching (if you could call it that) And that is from Jan this year for myself, my OH and 2 kids. all with seperate instructors.

On the other hand if you want to know how good a skier your instructor was when they were young then sure use ESF.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
janner, I agree with you about Catherine, my friends (beginners) had her and raved.
When we see ESI group children's lessons the kids always look happy and the instructors seem very patient, we often see them in the Bissac having a drink and toilet stop!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is Catherine the lady with a lot of frizzy hair?

If so then she taught Skidog to ski 15 years ago and he is an instructor himself now....time flys!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is it the flaine ESI that have rather nasty red and yellow jackets with something like "independent ski moniteurs" written on them? We see them over in Les Saisies sometimes (where the snow is often better and the pistes less busy Twisted Evil ). I've been impressed with what I've seen of their tuition and people always seem to having a lot of fun. Very small groups. shame about the jackets.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, they changed from yellow/green to a darker green a couple of years back, but now I notice (cos I'm sad and have just checked) that they are wearing a lovely blue colour. My youngest will like that, as it's very like his new jacket Very Happy He is just deciding whether to do a week of boarding with them in April. I'm happy with that, though selfishly will limit us to where we go in the afternoons Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I googled them - these are the guys I've seen http://www.skiflainemoniteurs.com/
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I don't think I've seen those guys in Flaine! Though it's two years since we stayed there last and we were just there for a day last season

Yes, shame about the jackets.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yep - Catherine is the lady with the frizzy hair & the big orange jacket
I think her husband is also an instructor with ESI but unfortunately I can't remember his name although I was once told he was an ex-French Olympic high jumper!
Never seen any of the Ski Flaine Moniteurs but thought they were just a group of independent instructors
Can also confirm the ESI guys are now wearing smart blue jackets - better than the mucky yellow of previous years
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Defenitely go for ESI if you are having group lessons - I have taken five friends to learn to ski over the past three years in Flaine and ESI are mucn better.

If you want a private lesson then do try ESF in Flaine Foret and ask for Anne - she is excellent.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy