Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Edges Sharpened - Bindings Filed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A little advice please.

I just took my new Fischer RC4 Wordcup RC Pro's in for their first edge sharpening and I now have lovely knackered looking binding's etc. The paint on the bindings has been taken off right back to the base material and the rubber bits that seal the gap under the carving plate are all knarled up. Is this sort of treatment normal or do I have a right to be annoyed that my nice new shiny ski are now knackered looking? (have photos, but can't figure out how to attach).

Secondly, they don't seem to hold hardpack nearly as well as they did before and seem less keen to initiate, any ideas?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gread1974, Yes, i'd be bloody furious about the bindings. Sounds like cosmetic damage only but still they should come back as you put them in except for the edges, which is what you asked them to work on. How they've managed to scratch your bindings up i have no idea but i'm sure somebody more knowledgable will be along in a bit. if i put my ski's in and they came back like this they'd have a job getting me out of teh shop far less getting me to pay.

As for the new performance of the ski this could be down to the shop putting different edge or bevel angles on them. It'll take a further service from a different shop to sort this out.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy