Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ESF Awards

Poster: A snowHead
I have booked my 2 children 5 days of 1 hour private lessons with ESF. I had to go the private route as they would have stuck my 4 year old in the kindergarden and not in a class with her 6 year old brother. The lady on the phone said that from my description of their ability she would put them down as 1st Star level. Does this mean they have a chance of getting a badge/award the same as they would if they were doing group lessons? While this doesn't particularly bother me these things are very important to said 4 and 6 year old, second only to will the instructor speak English.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My daughter got her Etoile Bronze a few years ago after private lessons so it shouldn't be a problem. She was also put in for the Etoile D'Or race along with those in the group lessons but wasn't fast enough. I think the instructors decide which award is appropiate given which criteria they meet.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes they will get the awards even in private lessons. My son did his Flocon, 1st star and 2nd star through private lessons.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the good news snowHead

Next on the list - will the instructor give them sweets if they are good Puzzled (4 year old asking, not me!) I should never have told them about an instructor giving me frozen fruit pastilles when I was in ski school
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skimummy, Just buy the badges wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing,
Quote:

Just buy the badges

Can you do that? I'll order a 3 Star each! snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The whole (male) population of Italy (even those who have never skied) have a Platinum or Diamond ski awards Toofy Grin
Well they always have them on their ski suit somewhere when they turn up for lessons. Confused

Grades are
Grade Bronze 1 star, 2 star, 3 star, Silver 1 star, 2 star, 3 star, Gold 1 star, 2 star, 3 star, Platinum, Diamond.
Not sure how the equate to other countries awards but would think they are about the same
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wayne,

I'm sure my 4 year old should be able to get at least Platinum - maybe Diamond if she remembers not to suck her thumb while skiing Toofy Grin

I only ever did Interski tests - got my 4 star - woohoo!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Talking of awards... both my kids love their USKA awards they got through BASS, but I cant find the UKSA anywhere on the web (unless its something to do with Sailing!) Anyone know anything about this organisation????
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Markoncarp, Snowlife awards?
Polar bear, penguin then 1 to 9 stars? It is the award system most UK slopes and British ski schools use.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yeah, that looks like them. Still cant find anything to outline what each level alludes to. MY kids are both Level 5 and Im intrigued what the next few levels will consist of.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Skimummy wrote:
I only ever did Interski tests - got my 4 star - woohoo!

I wear a 1 star with pride wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Markoncarp, 9 star is at the level where you could start instructor training, be a junior club racer/freestyler. I can't find my book at moment, but I do give out the star awards, so can not give precise answers sorry. Search snowlife awards, there are more details out there.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My daughter is really proud of her Easiski 2½ Gold Star gained last Easter. She's hopeful of getting Charlottes's top 3 Gold Star this Easter. There can't be many ski school classes that include an afternoon descent of La Grave as last year's did (with the odd parent tagging along).
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We had private lessons at half term and I forgot to ask Miguel to give her a certificate.... boy oh boy did I regret this over-sight! Hopefully joining Junior ski club this weekend will ease the pain somewhat (although her Xmas ski-buddy is off at Easter and I doubt we will hear the end of it if she comes back with a 2* badge!)
Blooming reward schemes.... I hate 'em.... what happened to having fun for funs sake!
ski holidays
Colin B, An old thread but Toastertalby is most pleased with her Easiski 1 Silver Star (much more than with her Snowdome awarded BASI level 3) and intends going back till she has 3 gold stars. Likewise I very much doubt many other ski schools took their classes of 8 year olds to play in the off piste powder we had Wednesday but C and M could hardly stop talking about it all week!
snow report
davkt, Well done Smile Charlotte has now capped her awards at 1 Diamond so Natalie has got that now for the last 2 years despite improving immensely. She's not worried about that though as she was so pleased with how much her skiing had moved on.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy