Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Piste maps with restaurant names

Poster: A snowHead
I've searched high and low but for the life of me I can't find a piste map, or any other type of map for that matter, that shows the names of mountain restaurants. I read and hear recommendations all the time but it's very tricky to find many of them, and a named map would be very useful when meeting a disperate group for lunch or pit stops.

Any ideas folks, starting with 3V cos that is where I am heading in a couple of weeks.

Ta,
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chenus is easy to find. Top of the Chenus bubble out of C.1850. Neearby Soucoupe (sp?) is just down the slope from the top of the Cretes (slow) chair.
Bel Air is easy to find. Top of the bubble out of C.1650 - just follow you nose (literally!).
La Loy is easy once you know it Happy First restaurant on the left, one third down the lowest run down to St.Martin de Belleville.

But it's hard enough persuading resorts to put decent (i.e. printable!) piste maps on their websites at all, without imposing more requirements. DolomitiSuperSki said they didn't have PDFs of their maps, but were quite happy to send me paper versions in the post (12 piste maps!).

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 24-02-10 14:53; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd like a piste map with print large enough to read the names of pistes Toofy Grin This years printed Paradiski map is dreadful Sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dr John, all the areas covered by the Dolomiti Superski liftpass (Italian Dolomites) have online interactive maps that show the names and locations of all the mountain huts as well as pistes and lifts, here's one for Val Gardena:

http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/gardena//en-US/skimap-val-gardena-1839EN.html

Here's the index map for the other 11 areas:

http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en-US/dolomiti-webcam-skimap-2160EN.html?tab=skimap
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In most of the maps I have seen (for Austria) the restaurants are marked by numbers, then somewhere else on the map there will be a list of numbers and the names of the restaurants they correspond to. Do they not do this in France?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
luigi, now that, I like. Unfortunately the 3V version is pitiful.

RobW how's La Loy for lunch? I think it's one of the places I haven't tried yet but would like to.

The theme for our week in Mottaret, in case you hadn't guessed, is "hard skiing and good lunches". Boud Blanc above La Tania, Dalia in St Martin & L'Eterlou in C1650 will take up three of the lunches, would like recommendations for ValT side and perhaps one in Meribel Village.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dr John, Val T try restaurant Deux Lacs. It's at the top of the 2 Lacs chair.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dr John, Sorry, we didn't lunch there: it was our regular beer o'clock stop on the last run back home.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dr John, I second geepee's suggestion - but why do you need names? If you're meeting with friends, just say "the one at the top of the 2 Lacs chair", or "the one half-way down the Beranger red" (another good one).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boredsurfing wrote:
I'd like a piste map with print large enough to read the names of pistes Toofy Grin This years printed Paradiski map is dreadful Sad

Handy (free) iPhone app provides enlargeable piste maps Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Here's a bit of Les Arcs, any good?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
TallTone, sounds easy, but you haven't met my idiot mates. Got no problem with the 3V piste map, and I know my way around the pistes well enough, it's finding those easily missed little gems that's the issue, I'll be damned if I spend any more money in those dreadful school cafeteria self service places.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dr John, then maybe you need to get some new mates Toofy Grin

Seriously, fair point, and the locations are almost always approximate anyway. Some places don't go on the map - especially near resorts - as they aren't officially mountain restaurants, but simple piste-side hotels (the two on Piste 2 in Folgarida being a case in point) or lodges (Baita Paul in Santa Cristina).

And definitely call in to Chalet Deux Lacs - best place in VT and the friendliest (it's table service too). Oh, and probably best value - EUR 11 for a filling salad (no that's not an oxymoron, even with my appetite!)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
TallTone, noted, but some things you just have to accept. Will deffo try the Deux Lacs, also heard of a good place new Les Manure on the Cumin piste but not sure of name or location. Any ideas?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dr John, you must try L'Ours blanc in Les Menuires/Reberty. Great food and service with a wonderful terrace overlooking La Masse. Prices similar to anywhere else. Ski down the piste alongside the Doron chair, keeping the chair on your left and restaurant is signposted on left. Ski down a track and it's there in front of you.

I have a guide to the 3V (and Espace Killy) from MadDog that shows all restaurant names. They also did them for other areas I think.
ski holidays
You can see or find any piste map in google, yahoo, etc. Anyway, some of the information that I am looking is found in this thread. I really want to know more about it. With this, I'll be doing some wider research about piste map. Avon Dining
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy