Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

mum skier teenage kids beginners partner doesn't

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got any idea's on who I can book with, where I can find people to ski with whilst the teenage kids are in ski school and partner just enjoys the snow?! Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Babysheep, Welcome to SH! Alpe d'Huez has a lot of marked walking pistes if the partner might enjoy that. If you were to book into a large-ish catered chalet you might be able to find people to ski with. We went to the SkiWorld chalet L'Escapade (sleeps 60 or so). There were several people on their own there and also small groups of friends. On the first day they had a guided tour which could be a way of finding "buddies". There's also the Skiclub rep in the resort who does guiding.

You could consider the SnowHeads End of Season Bash in Val Thorens, (EoSB) though it's getting full this year. That would give you lots of people to ski with but it's not the best resort for a non-skier and is in term time.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Babysheep, perhaps you could consider one of the chalet companies which provide ski guiding? Ski guiding means there's someone from the chalet who shows the guests around the mountain, so you've always someone to ski with. We went with Ski Miguel to Serre Chevalier in Jan. Nice resort, guiding for 5 of the 6 days we were there, basic-ish accommodation but good food and company. The village we were in (Monetier les Bains) wouldn't keep a non skier happy for a week, but there are 3 others in the valley linked with cheap/free buses and Briancon at the bottom is a nice ancient town, I hear.

Colin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys I'll start investigating now for next year!

Cheers
Carol Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Babysheep, hello- welcome to snowheads-
dare I suggest SCGB?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Babysheep, welcome to snowHeads.

Do you write headlines for newspapers?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Babysheep, what sort of thing does your partner enjoy doing? will just "enjoying the snow" be enough, or will they want shopping, smart cafés, swimming, beauty treatments, dog sledding, reading books, trogging around on snowshoes, or all of the above?

Is your partner not interested at all in learning any of the snowsports? Will they want someone to do things with or content with being solitary?

One way of finding people to ski with would be to join lessons yourself, but at a higher level - there are courses available for all level of skiers, including specialities such as off-piste, moguls, etc etc.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy