Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nativies, Iglu, Ski Jobs, etc etc no good - where do we get a ski mum/dad

Poster: A snowHead
We advertise on a number of websites (including this one) but we can't find the right one for a chalet host/cook - not for clients but for the staff chalets.

Any ideas of any other ski job sites for 2011 jobs

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What do you mean by a ski mum/dad?!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not sure really (yeah I know - if I don't know ....)
It's a new role we are creating for next season. To look after the staff chalets and some cooking (so not cooking for or dealing with clients).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
So like a housekeeper for your hosts?! No need to spoil 'em!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
clarky999,
Yeah that’s it - just trying to come up with a job description

Just looking around for the best place to advertise and wondered if anyone knew of any specific websites
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wayne, have you tried the jobs Bulletin Board (solutions room) on Chalets Direct? I sometimes see people offering to be just what you seem to be looking for - often people who have taken early retirement, or a sabbatical and want the experience of working a season, once they have some freedom. May be worth posting what you are looking for and seeing what kind of response you get. It may also focus your search so you have a better idea of what to ask for/look for Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wayne, I'd do that, piece of cake. Unfortunately, you can't afford me. Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This is NOT the final thing (obviously) but will give you some idea

http://www.folgarida.co.uk/jobs/job_discriptives.htm

Anniepen, Thanks for the tip - I will have a look
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wayne, really interesting job spec. It is good to see an employer taking more than a casual interest in staff welfare. Put me down for it in about 8 years (when I retire).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wayne, Shocked OMG I really want this job!!!!! All I need to do is think carefully about it and see if I can get the time off work. If I can't I shall be truly envious of the persons who can Crying or Very sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I quite fancy that too! Will you consider a married couple ? Very Happy (as a fellow wiganer do I get fast-tracked?! NehNeh snowHead )
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wayne, I'd remove the bit about "might have recently left education" it's age discrimination.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Gumtree....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What about looking into The Lady magazine, it's a kind of Domestic role and that's the mag for that kind of advert (though a bit old hat...might be worth a look if you're not having success in the places you thought would more typically suit the ad)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Wayne, I'd remove the bit about "might have recently left education" it's age discrimination.

Is it. OK will change it (thats only a 1st stab).
It's quite sad but we really have to put everything we put out though (no pun intended) the legal service chaps so they will pick up on any thing like that.

May change it to "please bring a photograpgh of you wearing Bay City Rollers Checked Flares to the interview"
Would that be OK ?
ski holidays
Wayne, great to see employers taking this kind of initiative.... as a "40+ old sort of seasonaire" I know how difficult it can be to make sure all the domestics are taken care of all the time and have seen how younger seasonaires really struggle and ultimately get ill/exhausted during the season.

There are some "shared accomodation" companies that do this sort of thing too now in some resorts and they're proving more popular by parents and/or employers not necessarily the seasonaires themselves.

They tend to "invite" someone they like the look of from this year to come back next year to do the role and then the new seasonaires tend to naturally turn to them for support as they appreciate that they were in the same boat last year.

Other than that the suggestion of Lady magazine is inspired.......... (as is the age discrimination stuff)
snow report
oh as another suggestion.... my parents used to use a company called "Universal Aunts" when they went away to do that sort of role protecting the house and keeping check of me and my brothers .... ok we are talking 25+ years ago so I don't know if they are still going but might be worth a google.
ski holidays
Quote:

Other than that the suggestion of Lady magazine is inspired..........

or a small ad in Horse and Hound Laughing
latest report
Boredsurfing wrote:
or a small ad in Horse and Hound Laughing

Excellent idea. As we (the company) own a horse. Well maybe we own a horse ?

In 2003 I was leader of a group on it’s way back from Everest. One of the girls lost a tooth filling just below Gorakshep. I used the sat-phone to call my mate (dentist) and asked him which drugs to give her (Dr Wayne). He told me the drugs but added that it would do sod all, as in 2 days she would get infected and soon after fall over.
So I call the insurance Co (like ya do) and asked em should a bring in a helicopter from Kathmandu (cost about $25,000) or I could buy a horse (cost to us about $200 – to a local about $5).
So, few days later above Dingboche the girl can’t walk and I haggle for this mangy flea bitten old nag and she rides downhill on it for days all the way to Lukla, where we put her on a plane back to Kathmandu.
We take the seat and strings off the horse, slap it’s bum and off it’s trots into the bush. Never to be seen (by us) again.
Wonder what happened to it – still running free like a Lloyds Bank advert or in a pot with some garlic. Who knows.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy