Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bansko Mayor talks exclusively to www.skiguidebg.com about the future of the resort...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
By Simon Feek
www.skiguidebg.com

Most politicians are wary of the press, to say the least. So I was pleased to be granted access to one of the country’s most high-profile local politicians, Alexander Kravarov, mayor of the municipality of Bansko.

During his two terms and 11 years in office, Kravarov has come under considerable fire for Bansko’s rapid development which has turned it from a sleepy and beautiful UNESCO-protected village into Bulgaria’s most modern ski resort.

We met in Kravarov’s spacious office at the main municipality building on a sunny February afternoon. Initial impressions are of a laid-back but focussed community leader. Wearing a Bulgarian Mountain Rescue fleece, it quickly became clear he was more interested in promoting his town than himself.

Kravarov is born and bred Bansko. His wife and two sons all live and work in Bansko. Before public life brought him to his mayoral office, he had a successful construction business as well as a company that manufactured furniture, both of which dissolved after he began paying more attention to his municipality duties than his private business.

read more about the massive resort developments here...

http://www.skiguidebg.com/apps/blog/entries/show/2950314-boom-without-bust-skiguidebg-com-meets-bansko-s-mayor
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I heard Bansko is going to be the next Val d'Isere.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
LOL!

Could be! Gotta way to go but should be able to compete in the next five years or so.

With the announcement that next door village of Dobrinishte ( a cracking little ski station with BG's longest ski run [url] http://www.skiguidebg.com/dobrinishte.htm[/url]) being developed in the same way as Bansko it will offer a lot of runs for a little cash.

Service and food off the hill have also improved. The new gondola is essential too.

Some people say that Bansko was "ruined" by the mayor and his development but tell me a ski resort that has not expanded with investment?!

Also, the "old centre" is still unchanged and that is really beautiful and worth a wonder round.

Check it out if you can!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy