Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lauterbrunnen march 27th 2010

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Staying at Lauterbrunnen arrive 27th march, never been before and I know its late in the season, but from past experiences any suggestions where the best snow/runs for an intermediate skiier, on average, what percentage of runs can i expect to be open in the area
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi kirkfell, welcome to snowHeads!

I was out in Lauterbrunnen that same time last year. I can't tell you what the snow will be like... it could be great, or it could be terrible. I had a mixed week, the first half was cloudy and everything was open and skiiable, but then by the end of the week, the sun was out, it was hitting 20 in Lauterbrunnen and everything was getting slushy! If it is a warm week, I suggest you head up to Birg, the Murren side of the valley and do the runs there, as that's the highest area.
If warm weather isn't a problem, the whole region has great skiing for anyone, really... maybe slightly lacking in blue runs for people who like shallow slopes.

When you say intermediate, what sort of runs do you like? I'm guessing reds, but do you prefer steep and like to get a bit of pace up, or do you prefer to take it easy? Also, how about black? My personal favourite is the Lauberhorn World Cup run, but I then I like to go fast. If you can answer those, I can maybe suggest some runs. There are quite a few guys here who know the region well so I'm sure they'll be along soon!

Steve
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kirkfell, welcome to Snowheads !!

Normally all the lifts in murren would be open and I suggest the lower ski areas in the morning (Winteregg and Schiltgrat) and later on sticking to Birg.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last season the whole area was fine until the middle of April. Suggest Mannlichen - round to Scheidegg and down to Wengen for a nice day out. Murren good too but you won't want to do it every day.

My photo-blog from March - April 2009. Of course it could be totally different this year.

http://www.downhillonly.com/pics2009/index2.html
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for replies,
In the main i prefer cruising reds, however first time here and i have my mind set on attempting the Lauberhorn
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
telford_mike, nice blog
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy