Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Men's Giant Slalom

Poster: A snowHead
rob@rar, do you think that direct line Hirscher took just before the compression cost him time?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
He seemed to be taking a direct line at a lot of the gates. The current runners all seem to be losing a lot of time. Is the course cutting up, bad light, or getting warm?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, breaking I´d say
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I´m betting theres gonna be some major shake-ups at the ÖSV in the near future Twisted Evil
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DAB, just a couple of Alpine medals isn't it?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, Laughing Laughing my OH will be crying his eyes out in his müsli tomorrow morning, good job he´s not here for a few days!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well Done Carla, great to see Switzerland on top again, this young guy is magic on ski's
After their despicable "protest" about the Swiss guys bindings in the ski jumping, I am delighted that there is no Austrian on the podium - again Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dan2000,
Quote:

Carla,

I know he´s pretty, but..............
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If i could spell, I would have attempted his surname as well/// Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dan2000, wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well done Janka and good to see another Swiss gold. What is going on with Raich though? I've thought he looked a little out of sorts for a while and today was no exception. Odd, given his usual consistently high standard.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Final Results

Great Racing Smile
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I missed all this. Sad What happened to Bode Miller in the 1st run?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hurtle, skiing fast, couple of mistakes and then skied out. Typical Bode, do or die!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hurtle wrote:
I missed all this. Sad What happened to Bode Miller in the 1st run?

Bode started late (31st) and so had to contend with a far less than perfect course. His time at the top was really good but then he missed a gate.
In the games 4th place is first loser Bode pushed it in other races and picked up three medals.
snow conditions
BOA NEWS ALERT wrote:
Noble Claims Top Spot Among Brits in Giant Slalom

Andy Noble was the highest placed Team GB finisher in today’s (Tuesday) giant slalom at the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games.

Noble, who like team-mate Dave Ryding was making his Olympic Winter Games debut today, finished 36th after the two runs of giant slalom 7.02 seconds off the winning time of Switzerland’s Carlo Janka.

The 25-year-old from Edinburgh was 38th after the first run with a time of 1:20.79 and climbed a couple of places on the second clocking 1:24.06.

“Conditions were a bit tougher for the second run. I was just happy to be in the finish and to have skied reasonably,” said Noble.

"There's a healthy competition between the British skiers. We're friends, we cheer each other on and we're proud of each other."

Ed Drake finished just behind Noble in 37th after climbing from 43rd place after the first. It was the Kingston-Upon-Thames skier’s fourth and final event of Vancouver 2010.

His runs of 1:21.65 and 1:23.48 put him 7.30 seconds behind the gold medallist. "I gave it a good shot on my second run. I didn't really have anything to lose,” said Drake, who has clearly enjoyed his first Olympic Winter Games.

"This is where the top of the top are and where the best of the best show their stuff. It's a good example to us and to the rest of the Brits where we want to be.

“This was a bonus race for me. I’ve done my main races, so I could relax a bit more and enjoy it today.”

Lancashire skier Dave Ryding ended the day in 47th, two places higher than his position at the halfway mark. His times of 1:21.97 and 1:26.06 put him 10.20 seconds off the lead.

He had to recover from hitting a gate at the top of his second run. "I skied really well after that, but it was a bit too late,” he said. "Hopefully this will be a springboard for the future. I should be at my peak in four or eight years. There's no reason why I can't challenge the big boys, but just not today."

Drake has now completed his programme at Vancouver 2010, but Noble and Ryding return to action in the slalom on Saturday 27 February – the final day of Alpine skiing at the Games.

ski holidays
Chasseur wrote:
Well done Janka and good to see another Swiss gold. What is going on with Raich though? I've thought he looked a little out of sorts for a while and today was no exception. Odd, given his usual consistently high standard.

Raich has had back problems this season. These days he is still consistent but doesn't always get a place in the top 5. This works well for the overall championship but not for picking up medals
snow report
Swiss Toby wrote:
BBC are still claiming they'll have the first run live at 9pm... rolling eyes

the first run was live on red button at 5.30

the entire bbc coverage schedule can be checked here, it;s usually pretty accurate unless events are rescheduled

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sol/shared/bsp/hi/winter_olympics_2010/epg/html/epg.stm
latest report
nbt, that site is still showing (Option 3) that the FIRST run was at 9.00 pm. And I know it screened the second run, because I watched it!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy