Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telemark Equipment in the Tarentaise Valley, France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm currently based in La Rosiere, France and am looking to purchase some telemark gear (boots, skis and bindings - the whole lot). Where are the best places in the Tarentaise Valley to shop? Are there any operations in Val D'Isere that have a decent selection?

Cheers for any info!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
welcome to snowheads!!

in courchevel there is a great shop called the base camp or better form abig selection on line at telemark pyrenees
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
smnthomas, Just down the road - Intersport in Bourg St Maurice have some gear, also Aux Vieux Campeur. Christophe (I think) sports in Les Arcs 1600 (near the Funicular) did too.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Skimottaret - thnaks for the heads-up about telemark pyrenees - I will definitely be purchasing my skis through them! Ski - I've already checked out Intersport in Bourg, but I thought their boot range was a little bit limited. Les Arcs 1600 might be a good shout though. Does anyone know what the boot ranges are like at Jean Sports and Favre Sports in Val?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Aux Vieux Campeur in albertville has a big selection, not been to the one ski, suggests....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
smnthomas, Sounds like AVC in Albertville would be the way to go... La Thuile also has a tele scene, so you might find some shops there too. As far as boots go, there isn't a great deal of choice anyway - the brands are Scarpa, Garmont, Crispi and Black Diamond.

If you find Scarpa fit you (I can't speak for the others) - the go for the Intuition liners - much lighter and a better fit than the standard ones - which is why Mrs Ski has them and I don't. rolling eyes

All the manufacturers produce lighter/lower boots for touring, and heavier/beefier for lift served. As with alpine, heaver/beefier = easier to ski. You can use any skis you like - you don't need a dedicated Tele ski.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy