Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fritschi Diamir Eagle Anyone used them?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone here used these bindings?
Did you find them good?
Anything you didnt like?
Thanks for your help snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yes, i have used them for a few days for short periods of skinning and downhill.
i've only ever used fritschis so cant compare.
i cant say i noticed the slightly different pivot point as compared to the fr+ but i did notice that it was easier to walk on flat sections without skins on.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
TBH used them for a day recently. She had spent the previous day on FR+. She was very happy with the improved pivot point whilst skinning, skied them OK.

If you can cope with the DIN max of 10 then it's a better choice than FR+ for sure, kick turns improve.

As ever, way up how much UP vs DOWN you will do and buy the best bindings.

More up: Eagle

More down: Baron

Best ALL ROUND option: Dynafit, but it requires new boots.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ibexman, parlor, Thanks for the feedback
They will be mostly used to go up and then to come down and probably lots of down without going up.
Markers it is.
Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RPF, I have only used the Marker (Duke's) on the Kuros a couple of times for touring cos the setup is so bloody heavy but when I did they were a pain (and my fingers froze) to get back into ski mode. They are also heavy - Duke's are 2.6kg vs 2kg for Fritschi Freeride +, maybe less for Eagles. I tried the Eagles on some Scott Crusairs at the weekend and was impressed. Nice for going up and good coming back down. Didn't notice any significant difference in skiability to the Freeride + that I've got mounted on my regular touring skis.

What skis are you thinking of mounting these on? I would stick proper bindings (or Markers) on your big powder boards (assuming relatively heavy skis anyway) and use for lift served and go as light as you can for your touring setup. I really noticed the difference touring on a lighter setup at the weekend (5kg vs 6kg). And you are a good enough skier to not need massive skis for the down. Dragging a heavy setup up Rosablanche in the April sunshine will reduce your enjoyment!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bobinch, They are to go on a High society Freeride 187cm. These skis are quite light and 104mm at the waist. But dont have the huge tips that The Preachers do. Although the Preacher is currently the lightest ski I have despite being the biggest.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy