Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

He's winding down the windows ...

Poster: A snowHead
the commentators colloquialisms :

She's winding down the windows.

He’s flapping like a bird.

Left it all on the hill.

Any More? ...

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 22-02-10 14:57; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
He can almost smell him on his tail Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
"And the Big Man is on his way." - All DHers are enormous, so the "Big" seems slightly superfluous. Smile

"It looks like the [insert nationality of choice] haven't got their wax right today." - You don't hear that too much nowadays, on thinking about it.

"[Victim of spectacular crash who has just got up, and started limping out of the netting] has walked away from that, just like Herman Maier".

Graham Bell - "When I raced here, I had a crash and ended up [insert perilous outcome of your choice]". - Normally when ex-stars recount anecdotes it's time to switch off, but Mr Bell's are seemingly always about his mishaps, and very amusing as a result.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
"explodes out of the start gate"
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
"here comes the money turn" - that might be a particular one of JC's though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
"really poor turns, scrubbing off speed ... oh look, he's a quarter of a second up"

rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar wrote:
"really poor turns, scrubbing off speed ... oh look, he's a quarter of a second up"

rolling eyes

I think that commentators should not be allowed to see the timings. They should commentate on the skiing, and not be driven by the numbers. It would make them look more carefully at what is happening.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ringingmaster, Agree. I sometimes wonder if they are watching the same skier as me?

I was shouting at them last night on Eurosport as they spouted plaudits and praise at Bode on his slalom run. It was almost as if they were trying to put the hex on him?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
robboj, If anyone listens to Danny Baker on a Saturday Morning, the commentary of Bode's slalom run made me think of a feature he does called "Nothing can go wrong now!" Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not really an often used phrase, but it made me chuckle last night.

"Watch out for the Frenchman, he'll be up your inside and steal your ball in no time" Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Flying Snowplough wrote:
Graham Bell - "When I raced here, I had a crash and ended up [insert perilous outcome of your choice]". - Normally when ex-stars recount anecdotes it's time to switch off, but Mr Bell's are seemingly always about his mishaps, and very amusing as a result.

I like GB's attitude

You knew that he was always at the limit due to some good crashes, always pushing

He still has a go at the downhills.... would love to see the times he makes (GB? are you here? what time do you do compared to the racers?)

More recently when he tried bordercross, he was not going to be happy in last place.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Closely followed by Errol Flynn
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
simply

Fanny Schmelar
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Apparently Andreas W*nk was on the ski jumping on Eurosport earlier I think he gives Fanny a run for her money
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Gsyfreerider wrote:
Apparently Andreas W*nk was on the ski jumping on Eurosport earlier I think he gives Fanny a run for her money

I saw him toss himself off the end. He went about 120M.

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
We loved the Canadian commentator on the men's half-pipe (who actually seemed to know what he was talking about, although we know sod-all about it, so it could've been very convincing bobbins, of course) - everything was "Super-[insert adverb/adjective]". We found it super-amusing, & are still super-entertained by this, although that probably makes us super-sad...

Also, "Butt-check"... as in, 'I didn't sit down on that mogul, I just did a quick butt-check'. This has definately entered my vocabulary Toofy Grin
ski holidays
ringingmaster, Laughing
ski holidays
In the ski cross just now, "Holman pulled out a big hole, and Fanny want's to fill it" Shocked
snow report
Me and a mate used to have a bet going re Ch4 Skiing before it was axed: the bet was that Nick Fellows would describe (pick any ski-racer's name and insert it here) as being "RIGHT on the EDGE of his game".
The odds were never more than 2:1 rolling eyes
We love you really Nick - bring back Ch4 Skiing, hurrumph, hurrumph!
snow conditions
..............time to ride the lightening..................
ski holidays
Why do the bbc commentators persist in calling our national flag the Union 'Jack'?

Mad
ski holidays
Ed Leigh kept commenting on the ski cross riders having 'inertia' - surely 'momentum'?
snow report
cc_7up wrote:
Why do the bbc commentators persist in calling our national flag the Union 'Jack'? Mad

parochial snowheads again rolling eyes this is the internet, the world aint flat, it aint all OUR flag Very Happy
ski holidays
barry, No Surrender! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
robboj, at least we fought back! Razz Laughing
snow conditions
barry, Who fought back?
snow report
I think cc_7up, is talking about the use of the term "Union Jack" not "Union Flag" as opposed to who the flag represents.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Jack#Terminology
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy