Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rental Skis at Milton Keynes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I bought some new boots from CEM some weeks ago, and was looking forward to trying them at MK last Saturday.

I was hoping to pick up some new skis from Two Seasons on the way, but they had sold out of my size, so rental skis it was.

Now, I'm no expert but I noticed 2 things.....

They stuck to the snow....in fact I could pretty much ski straight down and to the lift without the need to lose any speed! I could point them down hill and not go anywhere. Was this just lack of wax? Maybe the quality of snow?

They had no edges.....this made it very hard to try and carve, although I don't want to make excuses but I felt like I'd taken a step back in technique.

I'd also like to blame them for my first fall in years!

I've now bought some skis and will see what difference this will make next week, either I am crap, or the skis were crap.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well don't know about MK but Tamworth freely admit to deliberatly rounding off the edges on their hire skis, even a relativley new skiier like me can easily tell the difference a ski with a decent edge on it makes!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm not that sure about MK as I haven't been since Hemel opened, but from what I can remember they were always in pretty poor nick. Had the same thing on a snowboard at Hemel a couple few weeks ago, standing at the Poma, grab the button, place under butt, massive yank and off go your gonads up the hill with your board still stuck to the snow, not much fun, asked them to change it for one that had a little maintenance which they did all was fine. So i'd probably say it's the ski's.
I my opinion it is worth the extra half hours drive down to Hemel though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The rental skis are all snowdomes are dull, soft and hardly waxed, I bet the bases would have been whitish if you had looked which = base burn.

The artificial snow is very abrasive which is why racers use wax like polar-x etc. so it actually lasts some amount of time.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy