Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boris Johnson's opinion on wearing a ski helmet

Poster: A snowHead
funny article, but he's unbelievable!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/borisjohnson/7289457/Wear-ski-helmets-by-all-means-but-Im-sticking-to-a-woolly-hat.html?state=target#postacomment&postingId=7291326
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
someone should tell boris that james bond is a fictional character...

okbye
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm with Boris. (Ducks to avoid huge poinless flamefest.)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
He was our flight home yesterday - I was was quite impressed that he was travelling with us oiks! I'm glad my helmet was tucked away safely in the hold and so I was spared his scorn. Although, in my defence, I rarely wear it Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A well reasoned from Bozza there, and I agree that fashion has a great deal to do with it. Speaking personally I've worn a lid for 3 years now after I clanged by head on a hard piste after a misguided attempt at a high speed pop off a lip, had a ringing headache for 2 days so got myself some protection. I like to take risks and push myself when skiing and am likely to stack as a result, my choice. I don't think any less of helmet-less people (e.g. 1/2 of my mates), and if you're pootling around there is generally little need for protection except for the collisions that Boris so eloquently describes. If I'm going to be in a collision, through no fault of my own, then I want to be the one wearing the helmet.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
He doesn't wear a cycle helmet either.

But he does endorse cycling home after a few beers Very Happy

quote ...

"I have just one idea, if more people rode bicycles and fewer people droves (sic) cars you would not have to worry about the drink driving laws and I sincerely believe that. I have absolutely no prohibition about drinking a pint of two of beer and riding my bicycle where as I would not do that in a car."

Maybe He'd make a better Q than James bond.

Tux
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boris Johnson wrote:
Sometimes I would find myself on a chairlift sitting in a row of Dwarf Vaders,

Utter lies, I have never shared a lift with Boris... unless I mistook him for a fat German.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tuxpoo, he does now, busted by the press and bowed to pressure.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Seems a well-written article. I can see nothing to take exception to.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
his head is so big, the bicycle helmet had to be made at harland and wolff ...

okbye
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Love it! He's almost human for a Tory! Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bandwagon jumped on. Quite amusingly written though. Helmet wearing does appear to be on the increase, particularly in Austria. In Ischgl I'd say it was over 50%, in Meribel, less than 25%. Maybe those who ski in Austria care more about their brains than those who ski in France?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Axsman, condom sales also much higher per head in Austria than France. Big users of protective equipment, those pragmatic Austrians.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
105 comments so far, heading towards some sort of record for the Torygraph I'll be bound Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Axsman wrote:
Helmet wearing does appear to be on the increase, particularly in Austria. In Ischgl I'd say it was over 50%........

That low Axsman ? I'd have put Helmut wearing in Austria to be much higher ? Maybe even 75% in Schladming ??
snow report
Timberwolf, Well I'd agree with you, but I didn't want to 'overstate' it. which is why I said over 50% wink snowHead
latest report
Axsman, D'oh Embarassed
snow report
Boredsurfing wrote:
105 comments so far, heading towards some sort of record for the Torygraph I'll be bound Toofy Grin

I think you will find that Boris's columns regularly attract far more responses than that.
snow report
No sense, no feeling as for as Boris is concerned. He seems good for a laugh mind you Laughing
snow report
"Everywhere you look there are thousands of skiers – children and adults alike – transformed by their headgear into shiny-bonced tadpoles."

tadpoles.... classic! Very Happy
latest report
Dr John wrote:
Axsman, condom sales also much higher per head in Austria than France. Big users of protective equipment, those pragmatic Austrians.

Fritzl obviously didn't.
ski holidays
Yeah but he could build a dungeon!

I know builders who can't even build a dungeon...
snow conditions
I don't care what I look like - I wear a helmet because I hate the feeling of hats around my head. The helmet sensation is something I'm more used to from riding...
snow conditions
The comments from the Telegraph readers whinging that everyone other than them is rubbish at skiing are hilarious. Otherwise, the Oxford Union rhetorical style has much to answer for. Boris has clearly never met an overblown line of argument he didn't like.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy