Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arc 1950 - how does this work then?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone stayed at Arc 1950 recently? I've booked a stay (via PV holidays who haven't given the most competent of performances so far) and I'm a bit confused as to what happens when we arrive - is there a reception for the whole village? Do we just go to a random residence and check-in there (and presumably get directed to where we're supposed to stay)?

PV weren't able to tell me and gave me a number in France to call, so I'm hoping someone here knows and I won't have to spend a million pounds on an international call...?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
philmes, We stayed there at Christmas and arrived by car. There is one underground car park that serves all the apartments when we arrived there were several people on duty directing you where to go (they had a list of all bookings) There was also a coach drop of point under the main reception. We found all the reception staff to be very helpful. It does take a little while to get your bearings as it is a bit of a rabbit warren Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
philmes, In general, and in our experience, P&V [I guess you mean Pierre and Vacances] usually have a main reception area at their residences. I would have assumed that this would have come with your confirmation letter. There should be a map of some sort. If not have a look on their website. The apts are usually in one complex. The receptions usually open all day, 24 hours Saturday, and latish Sunday to accommodate check in. In fact have just checked and they have 24 hour reception. http://www.pv-holidays.com/alps/arc-1950/arc-1950-ski-apartments_to-rent_495-1_fp?dated=2010-02-27&duree=7&code=AWL24

When you arrive you show your letter of reservation and some very pleasant person will talk you through the gen. Your room will already have the linen etc in it. They give you a TV remote if you have requested it or it is free. The keys will be for your room and locker. I would assume they have parking at an extra cost at 1950 but haven't been there.

If you do decide to call them, ring them around teatime midweek as they will be less likely to be snowed under with arrivals/departures.

I would suggest you look at the Arc 1950 map on the Paradiski web site for a map of the resort. I couldn't find anything on the PV page.

Good luck!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys - very helpful! snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arc 1950 village Map
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy