Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soft/Hard Combo

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just come back from a week boarding (with skiers) in Cham

Did some fairly serious off piste stuff (including abseils), got too hot and sweaty, especially in the traverses. Then cold and wet when we stopped or sat on chair lifts

realise i need to dump the ten year old knackered burton clothing and invest for the future

have done some homework, but feeling somewhat confused

would a soft shell jacket would be ok? eg looked at a haglofs jaw. But maybe it be best to go for hardshell bottoms, given that i spend so much time sitting down in the snow (waiting for skiers of course!). A wet rear end is not much fun

any help would be much appreciated
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As a boarder I too enjoy sitting down, and need thermal flexibility. I have Paramo Aspira mountaineering salopettes and then a good zip-up jacket.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bucko, if a boarder has to wait on skiers, they must be from the local retard association.......as long as your base and outer layer are top quality you are good to go..merino base layer is a must..this along with a top quality jacket i.e arcteryx, hagloffs, norrona means you can get away with a less expensive mid layer...i'm not a gay on a tray so i'll leave the bottom half to them...

okbye
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
how about the arcteryx stingray. tried one in shop, very nice. but only in bright blue
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bucko, good choice...what are they? £350-£400?

okbye
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bucko, or maybe i'm thinking of the sidewinder!?...either way, anything by arcteryx is first class

okbye
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i have got the stingray. nice jacket but havent tested it in the way that you would of tested it in Cham.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
have tracked down a arcteryx stingray in mahogany. bright blue a bit too much for me

next trip to st anton, then last back to megeve/cham
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy