Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Grave - or Why Grahamn and Ski want to sue our parents

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well why would we want to do that then ?

Key witnesses will be Ryan, Chris, Jake and Peter..all of whom have skied from a very young age.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Puzzled
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jonm, Agreed WTF Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So - the TR.

Mrs Ski and I took Eurostar and TGV to Grenoble, and the the bus to La Grave. The train was fine, as was the RER across Paris. We had time for a beer at Grenoble, and then wandered off to find the bus. We found Grahamn - whose train had been delayed, and had missed his earlier bus......

Catching the bus at Grenoble, especially at half term, is 'entertaining'- basically there is a huge scrum at the front, with the driver insisting on only taking those who had a reservation first.... This took some time, and then we were on, and leaving 20 mins late..

Up (slowly) through Vizelle - Graham by now telling us of his Eurostar-affected journey at Christmas. Then up to Bourg D'Oisans... and then the bus stopped. There had been an accident further up the road, so we were not going anywhere. Helpfully we'd stopped outside a bar - so a chance for more beer. We arrived at LG at 10pm.

Day 1. Skierslodge set us into groups, Mrs Ski, Graham, and I are all in the same group. We also have Ryan - a Canadian Ice Hockey player on rockered, phat skis, Kim and Kevin. This is the start of Kevin's 5th (!!!) week of skiing. The ride up the lift is depressing - everywhere has been blasted by the wind. We ski Valons, and then Chancel, including Partout. Ryan skis like a god. It turns out he has skied since age 3. Lunch at P3, and finish the day in the bar at Hotel Des Alpes.

Day2.
Montgenevre. This is more like it;

:

Bit sun affected… but after a walk..

:

We found this..

Day 3 Montgenevre..more powder. This time we are joined by Chris, a Scot who has skied, like a god, since age 3.

Day 4 La Grave.. some soft snow .. but I really can't remember Embarassed

Day 5 Monetier.... Wow snowHead

We had some of this;

and some of this;

Grahamn tried his new helmet camera.. I want one !. Today we were joined by Pete and Jake, who..had both skied since age 3, and skied like gods...

Day 6 Powder at LG.. but not much viz. Tried out some K2 Darkside. Look cool, but need more snow (and more speed) to get a good idea.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Now we understand
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ski, Nice TR Very Happy As Helen Beaumont says yes now we understand. I can certainly vouch for the conditions in Montgenevre last week, absolutely amazing, we had a smashin week!

Hopefully my son will not be wanting to sue me in future years as he has been skiing since he was 3 Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy