Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Olympic event

Poster: A snowHead
It's all got a bit complicated, so I'm proposing each nation is allowed to compete in every Winter Olympic event but is confined to one device for completing all events.
So you have to use the same thing for downhill, slalom, luge, figure skating, ski jumping, halfpipe and four-man bob. And everything else. And you have to wear the same outfit but you are allowed to wash it in between events, which might be necessary for those nations attempting the ski jump on figure skates.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
OK, I'll go with an AK47
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
After posting, I then started thinking. Always the right way round. Is anyone else getting.... blades.....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'll get my coat.
Ski mag for sale, bit used, publisher off to launch Your Mittens mag.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fallliner, I am hoping this is sarcasm as I dont usually 'get it' Embarassed

What are you all on about Puzzled
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm in!

http://www.dinghyland.com/jpg/inflatable_boat_testimonials27.JPG
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'll go for a kayak Very Happy

http://youtube.com/v/ogEvLpdFlCM

(I know it's been posted before but it's worth seeing again Very Happy )
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not sure about the one set of equipment rule, but I would favour a winter decathlon or heptathlon. Or downhill biathlon. Or bobsleigh biathlon!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
speed skate up the sliding track and luge down again
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
youngeratheart, it might have started as a joke, but now we're serious. chrisdavis, you haven't a hope in the biathlon - I'll pop it.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Done in those curling shoes that are slidey but you don't (often) fall over in.
ps. Ski Jump Biathlon! Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just don't anyone mention Rax Skis. Ooops Dammit! Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This should be a new winter Olympic event .....

(Warning topless)
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2863364/Topless-babes-brave-nip-in-the-air.html
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fallliner, I wonder how many people will be along soon to argue how a 107mm waisted ski would be perfect... it's only a mid-fat after all hence a perfect all-rounder Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sideshow_Bob, they're the only models I'm considering testing this year.
snow report
fallliner, let me know when the magazine comes out containing the article and photos of you trying them on the bobsled track, on the ski jump and in the figure-skating Smile
snow report
Hmmmm....

Snowboard biathlon,

Snowboard jump on the high hill.

Cross country moguls,

Pairs ice hockey,

With a nice tall mountain and good design, you could link all the events end to end and save loads of time. Start with slalom, then GS then superG then downhill then moguls then jump then the ice track down to the ice rink for a long circuit, short circuit, spot of dancinf, quick curl and then out onto the flat for the nordic. Mas start, so basically, what I'm suggesting here is a chinese downhillslslomgssupergboddancecurlathlon

Scarily enough there are people who go down the luge tracks on skates. Serious padding required as falling is pretty much unavoidable.
ski holidays
Sounds good!

snowrider wrote:

I would favour a winter decathlon or heptathlon

This would be a great idea my suggestion for a heptathlon would be:

1) Downhill ski
2) Boarder cross
3) Luge (wouldn't do bob as it would be an individual event)
4) Short track skating (maybe 500m)
5) Figure skating
6) Cross country
7) Ski jump

What do you think?
ski holidays
snowsteve, Mostly like it, but don;t think there should be subjectively judged events in there, so replace the figure skating with something else (maybe long track speed skating, or maybe ski slalom), and only count the distance element of the ski jump.
snow report
snowsteve, yes, great idea, but possibly add a slalom on snowblades. But agree with alex_heney, on the subjectively judged events. The ski jump "style" marks are peculiar, really - if someone comes along with their own style but gets further than anyone else, why should they be penalised?
ski holidays
fallliner wrote:
youngeratheart, it might have started as a joke, but now we're serious. chrisdavis, you haven't a hope in the biathlon - I'll pop it.

It'll just bounce off, for I am Rick O'Shea
snow report
alex_heney & pam w: agree with the subjective points, so yes distance only with the ski jump (I guess if a downhill skier could land it in any fashion it would be good!) and a slalom event would add interest.

Anyone know how we pitch this to the Russians for 2014?
snow conditions
snowsteve,
I'd also take out the boarder cross and replace it with snowboard GS, even if it's not an olimpyc sport at the mo.
Also, DH and Slalom are too specialized, maybe ski GS could be better.
ski holidays
My money is on Slopestyle making it into the Olympics next time round for skiers and boarders. Particularly after the sucess of the events run at Cypress Creek (yes, the weather and snow condition etc. but the events themselves have run well). Makes for great TV coverage and audience.
latest report
thirty06 wrote:

Scarily enough there are people who go down the luge tracks on skates. Serious padding required as falling is pretty much unavoidable.

Maybe comptomising the Olympic ideal but could teh organizers/sponsors (Red Bull) be pursuaded into cordinating the Crashed Ice event http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_INT/001242785030624 with the Winter Olympics every fourth year?

If anyones interested in serious suggestions, husky sledding staged over a few days
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy