Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skicross - crazy and I LOVE it!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Sitting watching BBC2 with a massive grin on my face... 'kin ace Laughing Laughing snowHead Laughing snowHead Laughing snowHead Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
you just cant take your eyes off it for a second, love it
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OMG!!! My heart is racing! It's bonkers Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's hilarious.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Love Ed's commentary as well - its like listening to Johnathon Pearce in the white stuff Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I have difficult taking it seriously as as an Olympic sport, it just seems devised for TV ratings.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes it's fantastic, though the Canadian suits are revolting.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I have difficult taking it seriously as as an Olympic sport, it just seems devised for TV ratings.

Nah - its just more realistic - have you even been on the home run to the Mooservert?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's awesome isn;t it?! Boarder cross is dull in comparison.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
fallliner, with ya - they are nasty Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Unlikely to be flogging many replicas to my mind, but then I'm no fashion guru.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Did you know that Andreas Matt has another brother besides Mario, he's called Laundro.... Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Absolutely fantastic.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Parkyparcours wrote:
Did you know that Andreas Matt has another brother besides Mario, he's called Laundro.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Dont forget the sister Dour
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
the commentary justs gets better and better ....
snow report
Quote:

ont forget the sister Dour

Is that door? wink wink wink
ski holidays
tillywhim, did you hear "Errol Flynn" instead of "Errol Kerr" - so funny Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
Completely bonkers - speed skating meets downhill meets bobsleigh meets steeplechase meets horseracing Madeye-Smiley
snow report
WOW - almost wished I smoked so I could have a post-ski cross cigarette...... I'm exhausted.....
latest report
Parkyparcours, yes, I haven't laughed so much in ages. Things like "he can smell him on his tail" and the car comparison for weights "a mini metro with an 18 wheeler". Too many to remember. Relieved they all seem to be OK. Phew! I'm exhausted.
snow conditions
The only way they could make it better would be to connect the moguls/jumps course to the bottom of boarder/skier/cross course Laughing Laughing Laughing !

Pete
ski holidays
I do think it's unfair that our Skier-cross hopefuls get absolutely no funding at all..
latest report
I didn't think I'd enjoy this as it comes under the banner of 'freestyle' but oh my god I was so wrong! It's a hoot! Very Happy
latest report
Brilliant fun. Ed Leigh & Graham Bell were like Eddie Waring & Stuart Hall on "It's a Knockout", the skiing reminded me of it too. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Phil D Edited for stupidity

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 22-02-10 9:12; edited 2 times in total
snow report
What Spidie said.
ski holidays
PeteMan wrote:
The only way they could make it better would be to connect the moguls/jumps course to the bottom of boarder/skier/cross course Laughing Laughing Laughing !

Pete

plus a trip over the big hill of the ski jump
snow conditions
wow what an event better than boardercross, but i'm biased i think.
Loved the norwegian medal, what a canadian crash though.

That crash in the first qf was huge. mid air smash time. Event here to stay. Loving the way the winter olympics is evolving. Slope style next new event surely?
latest report
Spyderman, I think Ed Drake was busy in the Combined event. Ed Leigh was taking on the role of Eddie Waring. Regardless of who was commentating, it was a brilliant event and by far the most exciting seen so far at the Olympics. And Clare Balding seems completely out of her depth
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yep was great to watch!
ski holidays
Fantastic, I ached after watching it. Felt sad for the Canadian in 4th, that crash looked awful.
snow conditions
The boarder X had been the highlight for me in the games so far, well that and our Amy.

Ski X is even more bonkers than Boarder X. The guy who did a 360 to miss a skier wiping out in front of him?!!!

I loved it and skier cross can only elevate the whole sport. This will do for skiing and boarding what 20-20 has done for cricket. Its not pure, but its simple unmissable and its easily televised. Its also boarding and skiing that people can associate with, unlike downhill, GS or half pipe. Brilliant.
ski holidays
That's now three things you skiers have got to thank us boarders for.

1. carving skis
2. sensible ski suits (no more flourecsent salopettes or all-in ones)
and now....
3. ski cross

Next time you see a boarder you should buy them a beer immediately.
wink

It was a great event though wasn't it ! I have to say I can rarely sit and watch timed solo ski races (downhill, slalom etc) for more than 10 minutes, but I was glued to the ski X. Truly amazing racing.
snow report
LoveitLoveitLoveitLoveitLoveit!

I can't wait for the uni championship ones in alpe d'huez in a few weeks now!! Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Parkyparcours wrote:
'kin ace Laughing Laughing snowHead Laughing snowHead Laughing snowHead Laughing

Couldn't have put it better myself! Laughing

I loved it! I was hooked at the very first race when those two guys took one of the last jump all tangled into each other. Gripping!
snow conditions
Gazzza wrote:
That's now three things you skiers have got to thank us boarders for.

1. carving skis
2. sensible ski suits (no more flourecsent salopettes or all-in ones)
and now....
3. ski cross

Next time you see a boarder you should buy them a beer immediately.
wink

True.

I also noticed thaht none of the competitors were using those ski-x skis that the shops are full of these days. They all seemed to have GS skis in quite long lengths.
ski holidays
Chatting with a colleague here and we thought having an ESF class with 12 kids going across the course would add a certain something
ski holidays
Brilliant.
As was pointed out the skiers were having to use a course modelled for snowboarders. Perhaps next time the snowboaders should have to use a skicross course. Or, more seriously, perhaps now they have proved themselves they should each get their own.
snow report
telford_mike, IIRC the overall winners were handed 'skier-cross' retail models to pose with for the winner's photos but the heat winners had the skis they raced on. The same "ski-swapping for the winners" thing happens in traditional alpine events, especially DH and SuperG, where they swap the skis they raced on for the pair the manufacturers want them to advertise. It's amusing when you see some of the GS racers ski on what look like flat sandwich-construction Atomic skis without any of the D2 arms or Beta channels or other gimmicks and they're handed a ski with all the bells and whistles to parade around with.
ski holidays
Roll on Tuesday!!!! 9pm on BBC2 - now the ladies get to show y'all how it should be done Toofy Grin Laughing NehNeh Toofy Grin Laughing NehNeh Toofy Grin Laughing NehNeh
snow report
snowball, there was lots of chat about the fact none of the jumps had been modified. they normally change some of the kickers to shave of some vert. But the bigger vert it gives it more of an freeride feel to it. Keeping it gnarly.........or something.
Also something i find v funny is that all the competitors seem to say the f word. FUN, and it's not really word they use with the alpine events! They all seem friend and enjoying themselves.

It's also opening it out a lot more really, with loads more countries competing, Borat and Kazakhstan must have been happy with their representative.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy