Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs,which village to stay in for a group of guys

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Which is the best place to stay self catering, based on value for money, access to the slopes, night life and reasonable food prices.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arc 1800 I think offers the best balance across those criteria, but there's not a huge difference between the villages.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arc 1800 definitely seems to fit the bill Very Happy

Assuming you can exit your crevasse.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mightysaints, if you like to party the Arc 1800 is good. If you like a bit more quality then Arc 1950 is better. If you want access to both but do not want to pay to much then Arc 2000 is also very good. It all depends on the makeup of your group re age etc. The prices innbars ect are much the same in most places with a few exceptions. Hope that helps.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Def 1800. 1950 was pretty dead when I was there and pricey but it looks nicer than the rest of les arcs - best for families. 2000 is a bit of a dump with not much going on.

1800 is also more cental in terms of ski runs and easier to get to 1600 to be able to get the train down to Bourg St Maurice to but cheap booze/food in the supermarket.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would say either 1800 or 1600. If money is not an option, 1800 as it has the better nightlife. 1600 is cheaper and convenient for the funiclar but no nightlife at all. If you're there for just the skiing 1600 may give you an extra run as you can get the last lift up to the top and make your way down extending your slope time. I was at 1600 and it was perfect.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you are wanting to go clubbing and stay out till dawn then les arcs probably is not the place for you guys, if you are just wanting a few pints after skiing then dinner then some more drinks with some music or the like then 1800 will fit the bill...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy