Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cross-Country

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
BOA NEWS ALERT wrote:
Musgrave 51st in Cross-Country 30km Pursuit

Teenager Andrew Musgrave finished 51st in the cross-country skiing 30km pursuit at Vancouver 2010 today.

The 19-year-old Team GB athlete from Aberdeenshire, was 54th after the 15km classic stage of the event but climbed up the field in the freestyle element.

His time of one hour 24 minutes 7.9 seconds meant he crossed the finish line eight minutes 56.5 seconds behind race winner Marcus Hellner from Sweden.

On Monday Musgrave joins forces with 17-year-old Andrew Young, also from Aberdeenshire, in the team sprint.

Only 19 and 17-year-old Andrew Young at the Olympics must be having the time of their life's. good luck to them
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BOA NEWS ALERT wrote:
Young Pair Say Vancouver 2010 Has Been Invaluable

Team GB’s young cross-country skiing pair of Andrew Young and Andrew Musgrave said their experiences of competing at the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games will be invaluable for their future sporting careers.

The pair wrapped up their campaign at their first Olympic Winter Games in the cross-country team sprint freestyle at Whistler Olympic Park today (Monday).

Seventeen-year-old Young, who is the youngest member of Team GB’s Vancouver team, went into the event with a cold and the team did not complete the final lap of the race.

Cross-country team leader Roy Young said: “Andrew (Young) wasn’t 100 per cent before we started, but we thought ‘let’s see’.

“We wanted to race because we don’t get to do many team sprints, so it was a good experience and an important stepping stone.

“Andrew (Young) has been okay in light training, but as soon as he put the hammer down he felt heavy and he didn’t have enough energy. Technically we could have finished, but I didn’t think it was worth letting him do the last lap.

“I think we’ve done really, really well here. All in all we’ve had some great performances. The guys are doing better than their performance pathway. Theoretically 2018 is their performance target, but this has been a great experience for them."

Andrew Young said: "My legs were really tired today and I didn't ski that well. It’s been a bit frustrating as I didn't perform as well as I should have in the 15km and I was having the best race of my life in the sprint before I crashed.

"But I've got experience that no else of my age in the world has got and that's definitely stands our cross-country team in good stead for future Games and future competitions."

Team-mate Musgrave, who is just 19, said: "It's been awesome being here and my skiing shape is really good at the moment. I'm going to go into next year pretty confident I can step up and make the jump to senior level."

Young was 74th in the 15km freestyle and 60th in the sprint classic, while Musgrave finished 55th in the 15km freestyle, 58th in the sprint classic and 51st in the 30km pursuit ahead of today’s competition.

Fiona Hughes, who is also 19, finished 68th in the women’s 10km freestyle.

latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good luck indeed. I'd guess most top male XC skiers are in their mid to late 20s, so these Likely Lads have got plenty of time to improve. No-one can say they opted for an easy life in their teens!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy