Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HEAD i.Supershape Titan

Poster: A snowHead
Skied a demo set of Titans for 2 hours last night, 170cm, although I've ordered 177cm. I was blown away by their edge grip, it's amazing. I tried to do some skiddy parallels and they just didn't want to know, seems like these skis just don't go sideways. Needed to be on them constantly, the more edge angle the better. Took about half an hour to get used to them, had a few near death moments Laughing

Kitty was watching me while she was teaching her lesson, she's having some too and now thinks she's going to die. They seem to have 2 speeds - fast and bloody fast, can't wait to let rip in the mountains.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spyderman, has the new demo stock arrived?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, Yes, see a Duty Manager for access to it.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
i had a few hours on mine indoors and find em too slow edge to edge and stiffer than Magnums.... they felt like a bigger radius ski even though the same side cut.... will have to get em outside for a proper play but for a piste ski i prefer the magnums... my short turns sucked on these compared to magnums Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Titans are the Daddy, but not for skiing indoors!!!

The magnums are better on shorter turns, but when the piste is a little softer or there is a sprinkling of fresh snow on them the Titan's really are great skis!

However, they are not an off piste ski. Way too narrow, but more importantly too heavy.

I skiied them on the test last year and we took the Magnum's, Titan's and Speed's with us towards the end of the season for the odd piste day and all three are great, the KERS really add's something to them.

FWIW, I am 5' 7' and ordered the Titan in 177, but I will be using them on piste, hardpack and bumps. Any soft snow and these bad boys are just too heavy!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jimmythefoot, interesting to hear your views... i am hoping they will be my one ski all rounders, love my magnums but as you say they could do with a bit more float.. not sure they are too heavy but they are a stiff race type ski... what did you find the KERS thingy added... ?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimottaret, Yeh they are bit too stiff in the tip and tail for softer snow. I prefer a much mider ski too for off piste, at least 12-14mm more if not even more than that!

I found that if you fully load the skis you get a better pop at the end of the turn than makes the tranistion into the next turn even smoother and quicker. My friends found this too and on the test we skiied an older Magnum V KERS Magnum and there is a noticable difference and I already loved the Magnum.

I went for the Titan in the end as I found it extremely smooth in varied piste type, although on the icy patches the speed and Magnum held the edge a little more.

All three are great and I don't think anyone would be disappointed with any of them!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jimmythefoot, cool... sounds about what i would have thought. will be giving em a good run in soon...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jimmythefoot, Finally managed to get a weeks skiing on the Titans and they are very very sweet. they like a bit of speed and i cant say i noticed much difference in edge change compared to the magnums. lots of pop from these and i got high sided twice at speed which got the heart going !! defo stiffer than the non KERS version magnum i have and the edge hold from tip to tail is monsterous. Had em in 12" of fresh snow and plenty of float for me , great in the bumps and decent for short turns. great all rounder, only downside was with the big shovel when on flats it was very skittish and twisty if not on an edge. i caught a few edges on cattracks when not paying attention...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
TITAN - without doubt one of the best skis I have ever skied on.

PSG
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
gilleski, glad to hear it wasnt just me !!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skimottaret, & co. Becoming a bit of a Head ski convert myself. Spent my last two ski weeks on a set of 176 Icon TT80's. They're a superb piste ski...quick and stable with loads of grip. All the toys (w/c sandwich construction,Intel, Liquidmetal, race base) except KERS. Absolutely ideal in last weeks hardpack and occasionally icy conditions. Getting used to the extra length of them and thinking of moving on to some Supershapes next season.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Glad you liked them, as I took the new Magnums away (Titan's leant to a friend) and I loved them too. Basically the same as Titans and slightly narrower and I had skiied them before, but was even more impressed!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another Titan fan Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Both Kitty and I skied our Titans in Tignes in December. Conditions were perfect on piste with about 1' of fresh off-piste. What a great ski. Did everything and went everywhere, they just took it all in their stride. 2 weeks in Italy next month, can't wait.
snow report
This is a super old post, but wondered what you guys think about 170 vs 177...5-11" 190 lbs. I can't have my cake and eat it too, but I like short turns and doing some longer carves. Trying to get a bit of an all around ski. I found a stellar deal on a 177, but originally tried a 170. Not sure if 177 would be too long. Does length help in softer or is all about underfoot width? I ski mostly hard pack as I'm out east.
snow report
@caracar, Go long or go home!!
ski holidays
I started reading this post from the top... its 10 years Old...
And the Super Shape are still a great ski.
I've never tried the Titans but I love the Magnums ..
I've also tried the World Cup Rebels ... I did not get on with those at all, after an hour I had to head back to the rental shop via the down gondola Embarassed
I like to think it was a tuning issue, but I just could not turn them Shocked, nasty business.
Although I love the Magbuns I had an affair with the Rossi Heros which when I got used to them were also a very able and willing pair.

I wonder what we will think in another 10 years?
snow report
I'm just going to grab the 177...I'm low on cash and at $200 (demo ski) I think that's quite a deal. My current skis' front binding just died on me and I'd have to buy bindings anyways.
ski holidays
caracar wrote:
I'm just going to grab the 177...I'm low on cash and at $200 (demo ski) I think that's quite a deal. My current skis' front binding just died on me and I'd have to buy bindings anyways.

Where are they going for $200 then? No doubt some ridiculously cheap U S site Sad
latest report
@caracar, Nice!
snow conditions
@caracar, I’m same height and weight as you and the 177 were perfect for me, I loved them. Past tense because I replaced them last year after they started to delaminate. I bought them second hand and got 15 weeks out of my pair so happy with that. Sounds like you’ve got yourself a real bargain, you’ll love them!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy