Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Runs back to Flaine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We were thinking of staying at the Totem Club Hotel Flaine in March but are a bit worried about the runs back to the hotel- are there any easy routes for timid intermediates? Confused
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowheads Smile

The blue on the left of flaine on the piste map (axrite?) leads to a green and thus to (I think) everywhere else. The green is definately fine for anyone and if memory serves (was there in Jan) there is nothing too worrisome on the blue. Flaine is a nice resort for even the fairly timid, we only ran into a few bits our newest beginners didn't like and we had fairly dodgy weather, but if you are SUPER timid, la plagne is always a good choice or les arc1950. Valloire is the other place I've been that sticks in my mind for being go-anywhere-easy, as is Val Thorens, although you wouldn't get any use of the 3v access at the latter.

Hope that helps!

aj xx
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scottc, welcome

As a.j. says the main blue back down on Flaine side is the Serpentine/Axinite/Olivine. It's long and possibly tiring on the last run of the day but it's wide and really doesn't have any nasty surprises. By the end of the week you will have the choice of many reds back down to Flaine Forum (IIRC this is where your hotel is situated?).

If you are coming back down to Flaine from the Grands Vans (for links to Les Carroz, Samoens and Morillon) then you might find the blue Tourmaline a bit tricky in a couple of places where it narrows and gets busy and chopped up. It is a nice run though and you really shouldn't miss the opportunity to go over that way Very Happy So, go up Grands Vans first thing in the morning and try the Tourmaline when it's at it's best.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
axinite/olivine....
Flaine last year (MAR09) was my proper 1st week and got the bug....I am waiting till Wed Thu to try and get a late deal to La Rosiere or somewhere else for 6MAR-13MAR
Flaine is a wonderful place for beginners. I wouldn't mind returning there this year?
Also looking for a place for beginners with lessons
When are you going to Flaine? how much are you paying to stay at Totem???
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

If you are coming back down to Flaine from the Grands Vans (for links to Les Carroz, Samoens and Morillon) then you might find the blue Tourmaline a bit tricky in a couple of places where it narrows and gets busy and chopped up. It is a nice run though and you really shouldn't miss the opportunity to go over that way Very Happy So, go up Grands Vans first thing in the morning and try the Tourmaline when it's at it's best.

Fully agree. Went there on my 2nd day and panic took control, as people were just flying past me....some really narrow spots
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Scottc
Been going to Flaine last 10 years. Top to bottom is blue followed by green on the left side of the bowl. The Totem is in Flaine forum area which can be skied to via green - bit of walking at the end maybe. Flaine is ideal for "timid" intermediates IMO. Agree with what's been said about Tourmaline. Regards.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
redbaron51 wrote:
Quote:

Fully agree. Went there on my 2nd day and panic took control, as people were just flying past me....some really narrow spots

Totally agree about tourmaline - how bored was I of that run by the end of my week in Flaine. Typical of a home route. I think it should be classed as a red simply because you're more likely to have a crash due to the sheer number of ppl bumbling down. It would be a great run were it not the most used option to get back to forum.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Totally agree with everyone about the Tourmaline run home.
We went over that side in the morning and stayed in the Flaine bowl in the PM. That way at lunch time the piste was not too badly scraped by boarders side slipping down, though it was still crowded (this was in January). Go up Grand Vans lift as first run then come down. It's superb then.
I'm back there on March 20th. Looking forward to it. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What fantastic replies- thanks everyone! We were wanting to stay in self catering really but it was so expensive with the underoccupancy supplements we thought the Totem was the cheapest option £509 full board (last minute.com) as opposed to most of the apartments which are about £750 for each of us. Crystal quoted £609 but you could chose seats and specify types of room (for a supp of course).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scottc, Is this price including flights and transfers???? When are you going to Flaine??? I am trying to get a good last minute deal for la Rosiere, but wouldn't mind going back to Flaine again.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The price of includes flights and transfers - going on the 6th March from Manchester. ski pass £175 extra plus £30 ski carriage
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scottc, Don't know how you managed to get this price from lastminute, as it shows £629
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think they must change from day to day- its on at 609 today- one agent told me the more a holiday is requested the higher they price it!.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy