Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

freestyle ski cool or uncool ???

Poster: A snowHead
cool or uncool???? i (by this i mean slopestyle , big air etc etc people like simon dumont , sammy carlson , tom walisch etc etc)

now where did freestyle ski actually come from ? can anyone answer that ???? what kind of stuff did they originally use?

...... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Er, off the scale cool in my opinion especially if they can ski as well and take it in to the backcountry like Candide and Tanner...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very Very Very Cool blasts SB out of the water.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

http://youtube.com/v/BtcafTBEyN0&feature=response_watch
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah, its cool. I spend alot of my time in the park when there's not fresh snow, it's fun.

As to where it came from - skiers have always jumped and done tricks. Just now there are the terrain parks and the equipment for it to really progress. Late 90s onwards the real progression started with people starting to ski backwards, and ride in the 'snowboard' parks. A few companies introducted a twin tip to their range, and it snowballed (sorry!) from there.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 20-02-10 15:46; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Its not as cool as freeride
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
harriet wrote:
cool or uncool???? i (by this i mean slopestyle , big air etc etc people like simon dumont , sammy carlson , tom walisch etc etc)

now where did freestyle ski actually come from ? can anyone answer that ???? what kind of stuff did they originally use?

...... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Turn on the TV sweetie, the Olypics are on now... Moguls & Aerials are your answer...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I can't believe how obsessed people are with what's 'cool'. Really, how old are you all? rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lizzard, That is pretty cool.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
well i heard originally they did not use the skis (i hope your proud of me lizzard for not putting a ' in that) that we see them using today , like in the x games around 2000 i may be wrong i didnt watch x games etc back then wink oh and freeski is cool simon dumont is may favourite skier in the whole wide world
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
harriet, well done!

Next ..... you're, not your. One thing at a time though. Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
All skis will have changed in 10 years, not just park skis.

Seems Dumont is starting to get left behind these days - people are starting to go as big as him in the pipe now, and they're throwing more technical tricks.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
MagSeven, correct me if im wrong but did they not use skiboards around 1999/2000 in xgames slopestyle???? just got me thinking all these other threads etc etc

dumonts still cool , alot of the guys are going bigger now and dumont isnt always as text book but hes got more balls! have you seen the 35foot quarter pipe big air??? Laughing or did you see the nasty accident while filming teddy bear crisis??? that had to hurt more than anyone can imagine!!! i cant believe he wasnt knocked out! i am so glad hes ok!

http://youtube.com/v/_k0znPhUQTM
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Haha, yeah the skiboarding in the Xgames was funny eh! Mike Nick and Jason Levinthal!

Dumonts record in the quarterpipe was 3 years ago (Colby West went as high as Simon, but as he's not sponsored by Redbull, it was kinda ignored!), and TBC was even further back. He may up his game, but I don't see him keeping up for much longer.

In the X-Games this year, they had an event almost purpose made for him in the halfpipe highest air, but he struggled to get close.

Wow, is this Newschoolers?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Freestyle is Ok, it's nothing on freeride though.

Didn't freestyle as a 'discipline' come from moguls? Which I'm damn sure they never used snowblades/skiboards for.
snow report
i think dumont will pull it out of the bag next year he still has years in him yet! i want to marry him Embarassed oh and tj shiller now hes cool he dresses pretty funky too hahaha
ski holidays
clarky999 wrote:
Freestyle is Ok, it's nothing on freeride though.

Didn't freestyle as a 'discipline' come from moguls? Which I'm damn sure they never used snowblades/skiboards for.

Yeah, good point. In the early days of freestyle in its newest incarnation there were various areas where people came in from. Most like JF, JP, Vinny D etc came through moguls/hotdogging, and there were also the guys like Mike Nick, Iannick B or Mike Wilson who came from skiboarding.
snow report
MagSeven wrote:

Wow, is this Newschoolers?

No homo etc.

* wears t-shirt 43 sizes too big for me *
* insists Full Tilt are the only boot worth buying *
snow conditions
Freestyle is cool as long as you do it in combination with freeriding.. or something just freestyle on slopes is impressive but i imagine it a bit boring just up and down allways the same jump and slope..!
ski holidays
sub zero on the top gear scale of things.

there are certain sports like running that you have to be fit for but no skill

some no fitness but skill - curling

various others like car racing that need both but the winning car looks like all the others

then, sports like freestyle have it all and you need to be creative
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/AKkyygSGa0U

check it out.. the video, it's all all about the history of freestyle and the salomon 180, possibly the best and first twintip.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy