Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I stayed in Zermatt for a weekend and skiied over to the Italian side. What is staying in Cervinia like compared to Zermatt. Zermatt was not as stupid as I thought it wsa going to be in terms of price but it was a Fitzwilliam to get to, little mountain train with my car on and then the foot passenger train from the car park. Is cervinia any easier to get to. what are the prices like.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's an easy drive - about an hour(ish) from the motorway straight in to the village. There's not much parking in the village itself by a lot of the hotels, so some leave their cars in the town carpark and carry the suitcases to the hotels. Price-wise, like any I suppose it's what you make it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Did it in 2007 when I booked very late and couldn't find affordable accommodation in Breuil Cervinia and made do with staying in St Vincent which is 19 miles away along the main motorway A5 in the Aosta Valley. We only wanted 4 evenings and paid 300 Euro for B&B in a twin bed room in a hotel.

It was the third week of March. We met on average a dozen cars on the road each day. The journey time is about half an hour which we thought was pretty fast because it was a fast road. As for parking we could always find a free place right next to the chairlift/gondola station, even at the gondola station right at the town centre but other car parks were a lot bigger with lesser cars.

Like the rest of Italy Cervinia welcomes with open arms to visitors with cars. From my own observation there cannot be a lot of day trippers competing for the car park spaces in Cervinia if you manage to arrive there say not much later than 9:30am. In fact parking isn't much a problem in the Alps before 9:30 even in France excepting during mid term breaks. The Swiss and the French have a slightly different attitude to skiers visiting their resorts with own transport than the Italian and the Austrian.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
and the runs. from my brief foray into italy from switzerland they looked long and wide and open.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy