Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

meribel 2010

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there Smile

My Girlfirnd has booked a Trip for 4 of us to merible, unfortuntly she booked Résidence Cybèle which she thought was in Merible its self but turns out its in Brides les Bains. I have read up that this is 15mins drive out of Meribel or a 25min cable car. has anybody stayed here? also does anybody no about the night life in the town of Brides les Bains.

This is my first time boarding in Merible. I have been boarding for 10 years and love a good Challenge, the people with me are beginner/intermediate level. can anyone recommend any good runs for us to start at?
we also like to party so any tips on good bars and clubs would be great. we are driving over there Sat 27th of Feb so hoping it wont be to busy a week.

Any help or tips would be graet

Many thanks

Chris Razz
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
souts1 I don't know how to break it to you but
Quote:
good bars and clubs
and
Quote:
Brides les Bains.
aren't often mentioned in the same sentence.

As you have identified the village is at the bottom of the Meribel mountain connected by a bubble gondola which takes about 20 minutes from top to bottom. Cybele is about 10 minutes walk from the base station. It is more of a summer spa town than a ski resort.

But it is connected to Meribel and, as such, to the 3 valleys area, it's just not at the heart of things.

I would definitely rent a locker at the top of the bubble if you intend to use it every day. However, since you have a car you might prefer to drive to other access points in the 3V rather than use the same route all the time.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tiger 2,

thanks for the tips, I did hear that there was not a lot where we are staying! I am thinking about driving to Meribel most days, though if we decided to drink in Meribel is there a bus or taxis we can get back with?

Thanks
Chris
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
souts1, sorry again, but it's as well to be prepared......w/c 27/2 is a very busy week as it is a main French half term holiday. These carry on from early Feb though to 2nd week of March.....

The gondola from B les B takes quite a bit longer than the 20 minutes suggested. IIRC it's more like 40 minutes. Sorry again.....

BUT......you WILL be in the 3 Valleys, and if you don't mind being a bit out of things, the nightlife you DO find is likely to be cheaper than if you WERE in the heart of things, so every cloud has a silver lining, AND you'll be boarding which is the main thing. Very Happy Have a fab time and never let your girlfriend book anything ever again wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Merrible! Very Happy

I recommend a change of girlfriend before next season wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Anniepen wrote:
souts1the nightlife you DO find is likely to be cheaper than if you WERE in the heart of things, so every cloud has a silver lining

LOL Meribel (Feb 2009) Le Pub - happy hour - two pints of Heineken 16 euros !
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Easy runs for beginners are Truite, a green that leads from Mottaret down to Meribel and the Altiport green runs, both accessible by bus. Whatever you do don't end up on Ours, a blue which leads from Mont Vallon into Mottaret, as it really flattens out at the end and is a nightmare even with poles.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gondola is 22 minutes, Brides to Meribel
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy