Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Superdevuloy - Does anybody know it?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In my search for a bargain sneaky extra week I've found a deal to the above resort. It looks ok (we're very tame piste skiers who really just enjoy being in the mountains without any need for death defying or km hungry challenges) but I can't find much info. on the resort.

Can anyone help?

thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowlamb the ski area is absolutely lovely but the "village" is an aquired taste. I assume you have been offered one of the self catering apartments. These are in some new blocks with pitched roofs and are very nice. However, the resort is dominated by a huge Corbusian designed concrete block along the front of the pistes. It is rather brutal (being a curvy rectangle about 1 mile long by 15 stories high!) The ground floor is a row of shops and restaurants and the rest of the block is apartments seemingly owned by Frenchmen. If you have any interest in architecture then it has to be seen to be believed (it is much bigger and more elegant than the block at Le Corbier).

It is a bit depressing eating and drinking on the ground floor of a block of flats for a week but, as I say, we stayed in one of the new blocks which were fine and we ate in quite a bit (there is a large Spar shop in the main block).

The transfer was very long as well. I forget where we flew to but I do recall it was about 2.5 - 3 hours away.

However, I would stress that the skiing was great (but we had sunny weather and lots of snow) and the inclusive lift pass makes it a great price.

It provided me with one of my most bizzare moments on the piste when a man dressed in a spiderman outfit arrived at one of the mountain restaurants (by sking over the fence and across the picnic tables on the sun deck) with a box of oysters strapped to his back which he then gave away for free to advertise his bar in town. Brilliant.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowlamb, we stay on the La Joue du Loup side of Devoluy every Easter as my sister has a place there. Its not a huge area but good variety of runs, some through trees, fine for us (we are a family with two children). As Tiger2 says, SuperD is not pretty - best to sit looking up at the slopes, ie with your back looking at the huge apartment block, although the newer developments in the village are much more sympathetic ie smaller scale, wooden clad etc. You can ski over to La Joue which has a more attractive front de Neige. PM me for more info, also search on here for Superdevoluy/La Joue du Loup (sorry, I don't know how to put in a link), PaulS lives in the area and was v helpful when I first needed info. WE usually fly to Marseille and drive up (2.5-3hrs but easy motorway driving most of the way), but Grenoble is nearer (prob about 2 hrs I think). Google Office du Tourisme de Devoluy for webcams and more info. Quite French - not v many English voices around (more Dutch), lots of Marseillaise, if you have kids going into ski school we have found it better to book private lessons as they can be the only English ones in the group and the groups can be quite big. If you go, I recommend the evening snowshoeing which ends up at a restaurant.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks to Tiger2 and gamekeeper but we've booked Val Cenis now, combination of cheap deal & personal recommendation. But will bear this in mind for next year.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I thought I had put you off by the time you left yesterday - what changed your minds?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy