Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

If I see one more serious thread about blades...

Poster: A snowHead
...I'll seriously recommend this website be renamed kn0bheads.

WTF is wrong with you people.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Swirly, haven't you just started one Puzzled
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are they those short ski's? They'r brill they are.

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Swirly, totally agree mate, it should just be "blade" and then get a Crocodile Dundee persona "they're not blades, this is a blade" to every back bottom you see skiing them Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can this be made a sticky please?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Punters rolling eyes

Far more bladers here this week than usual, expecting yet more when the Parisians arrive at the weekend. Roll on March!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lizzard, ta - another resort to be crossed off the wish list. wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Most people who feel the need to publicise their hatred of blades worry about the shortness of their penis - Discuss.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
laundryman, oh absolutely, I worry about that all of the time. Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
yet another thread with people slagging others choice of snow sliding. why do you do it? WTF is wrong with you people?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
favourite thread ever

graeme, cause you're a grown adult on relabelled childs skis
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
who's swirly?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rambotion, there not skis,
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Blades are are sub zero in the cool stakes...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
they are very easy to ski on (by ski, i dont mean ski properly, i mean get down a slope), and very boring from the hours I've tried them. Definitely agree wit Bikeandsnow

graeme, its just voicing an opinion, which could, on second thougts, be classified as 'slagging off'. I did snowblade once, but took them back after about an hour. Personally, I think they are boring and liken them to people who think they can ice skate buying s***ty hocky skates and skating round like they own the place, yet actually looking like a complete punter (cant comment on the ski side of tings as I am, and probably will always look like a punter)
ski holidays
kristof, or maybe he should say "they're not blades, they're skiboards"....
snow report
graeme, you might be able to ride those things competently, but if so you're the only such person I've ever come across. All the bladers (or whatever you want to call them) here spend their time shooting down hills in a straight line at a zillion miles an hour without any ability to stop or change direction. Hence the rest of us aren't keen, as we have enough to deal with on a busy week without dodging unguided missiles as well.
snow report
I love these threads, can never resist clicking... won't bother joining the battle for once though Twisted Evil
snow report
DaveC, oh go on, you know you want to really! Laughing
snow report
DaveC, Lizzard, come on Natives guys, stir it up a bit, you know you want to Little Angel
ski holidays
What's wrong with them? I've got some, and feel like I can't use them because it seems I will become an object of derision all round! Surely they're just another way of sliding down a mountain, which is all good fun anyway?

Didn't snowboarders have to put up with all this when they first started (I'm guessing?). Surely anything that lets us slide down mountains for a laugh is ok in my book..
ski holidays
well at least all the germans think im cool and give me the thumbs up when they have seen me on big foots but hey i didnt see one other person on any type of ski board long or short when i went to germany and austria maybe they are too scared to come out!, i ski like i would on my 152's on them i certainly dont just speed down the mountain at 100000mph in a straight line , maybe people should face facts that some people like to vary what they use on the slopes and dont just stick to using the same old ski all the time , what can i say im not a purist and im not old fashioned Laughing atleast snowboarders accept them and think they are way cool .....thats probably because snowboarders get treated like crap aswell Laughing
ski holidays
I might get some.
Can you still get them with toes on the front?
ski holidays
Quote:

What's wrong with them?

See post above.

Quote:

atleast snowboarders accept them and think they are way cool

What kind of freaky boarders do you hang out with? Laughing
snow report
Higs, they are big foot they do not make them anymore but can get yourself a pair on ebay ,

Lizzard, some super hot fit american guy who was speaking to me he really was gorgeous , and a cool german dude who said that i was really cool he liked big foot and he wanted to see me do some tricks Laughing

oh and two old skool 50 something skiers who looked a bit baverian (sorry dont know if thats spelt right) gave me the thumbs clapped and said "big foot big foot big foot "

i like putting a smile on peoples faces but hey maybe thats because im not putting anyone in danger! Razz
latest report
There are a hell of a lot of skiers fighting their planks from the back seat who would benefit from a few sessions on blades, when they soon learn to adopt a balanced posture or land on their arse.
snow report
harriet wrote:
Lizzard, some super hot fit american guy who was speaking to me he really was gorgeous , and a cool german dude who said that i was really cool he liked big foot and he wanted to see me do some tricks Laughing

They probably just wanted in your pants.
snow report
Quote:

No snowboarder I know thinks they're cool. In fact our hatred of snowbladers is one of the few things that unites skiers and boarders. That and our love of snowy mountains
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rambotion wrote:

No snowboarder I know thinks they're cool. In fact our hatred of snowbladers is one of the few things that unites skiers and boarders. That and our love of snowy mountains

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought there were very few full time snowbladers. If I see someone on blades I assume they're probably a skier, possibly a boarder, who fancied a change that day.
latest report
Ski boards can make neat lines ...
http://youtube.com/v/UvohL-PzHxs

The only real disadvantage I've worked out is that they've not enough length to really schuss, nor edge for confident holding in exposed situations and a slight twitchiness when you do get up some speed. A few weeks ago I had a long (1 mile+), nerve wracking traverse by headtorch over icy snow with some nasty (cliffs & butresses) exposure below. My knees were near enough shot by the time we were off the hill.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sat 20-02-10 14:16; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Quote:

nerve wracking

The rack was a medieval instrument of torture. Wrack is seaweed. Being smacked about with a piece of wet vegetation might be unpleasant but it's hardly waterboarding, is it? Laughing
snow conditions
Lizzard, that's got me googling and thinking of oubliettes for some reason ... shudders. Laughing
ski holidays
rambotion wrote:
Quote:

well i never came across one dirty look or bad comment only positive! maybe its because im not a reckless idiot Laughing
ski holidays
harriet, maybe you did not meet any grumpy snowheads who think they are better than others because they do not use snowblades wink
snow report
rayscoops, they are not snowblades , snowblades are from salomon , skiboards my dear! wink yeah i agree each to their own .... everything has its pros and cons , i need to learn how to snowboard too then i can ski, skiboard and snowboard then whos the daddy Twisted Evil Laughing
snow report
harriet, that's like insisting that your Electrolux isn't a hoover.
ski holidays
Lizzard, but snowblades are made by salomon, snowjam's revel8's , big foot etc etc non of them are snowblades they are skiboards , snowblade is the name of it its actually a skiboard but i have heard very crappy reviews about the salomon snowblade! aparently they are no good but i have not used the salomon snowblades as they have had some bad reviews and i think if your going to skiboard atleast invest in a decent more stable designed model do you see what im trying to say? it annoys me when people say snowblades unless they are actually referring to salomon snowblades
snow report
Can someone please explain why you would choose blades over skis, I can't see any advantage.
ski holidays
clarky999, just another method of having some fun on the mountain maybe ? it seems most who use these skiboards wink also ski and just fancy having a bit of fun on them.
latest report
rayscoops, surely its not about having fun on a mountain wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy