Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmet Question

Poster: A snowHead
Can you fit a large helmet in a standard suitcase for travelling by plane or alternatively will it fit in a 30 litre rucksack?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 18-02-10 19:07; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
daveqpr, no, the average helmet is far too big for a 30ltr rucksack. You will probably have to contact a removal firm.

Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just attach it to your backpack (handluggage) with the chin straps, sorted. Never ever had a problem with lot's of flying like that.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
clarky999, you have to be careful with this, some airports don't seem to let you take your helmet attached to your bag.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
daveqpr, I put my Ski Helmet into my hold bag, it fits into 1 side of a DaKine roller bag. I normally pack things like goggles and other breakables inside it, so it really doesn't take up much room overall.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
my helmet fits nicely into my Samsonite suitcase, which is narrower than a rucksack.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We need an 'Excluding Keyword' option on this site so that "helmet" can be auto-ignored along with Apres
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
daveqpr, mine fits just fine in my smallish backpack (handluggage). I then put things like goggles & sweeties in it Very Happy Be careful if you bung any electrical equipment in the backpack as well though - plugs can have quite pointy things just right for denting helmets Embarassed
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowgirl123 wrote:
clarky999, you have to be careful with this, some airports don't seem to let you take your helmet attached to your bag.

So far Aberdeen, Birmingham, Gatwick, Heahtrow, Stanstead, Zurich, Salzburg, Munich and Innsbruck ahve never had a problem with it, despite multiple departures and arrivals at each.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
clarky999, don't forget to put it on when the plane is on final approach.

For extra points, when you stand up, make sure it's a good, clean telemark landing, one foot in front, one behind, hands out to the side and down, chin high.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Only people who go to big expensive hotel rooms should take a suitcase on a ski holidays. All the rest of us need a soft bag we can roll up and stuff under the bed. When I see people arriving at Geneva with enormous amounts of luggage I really do wonder WTH they have brought with them.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w wrote:
Only people who go to big expensive hotel rooms should take a suitcase on a ski holidays.

I wish I could afford a big expensive hotal room. I see you should be a member of IknowEverthingHeads.com
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Comprex, there have been times (steep descent into Innsbruck with lots of turbulance for one) where I've been very tempted to put it on for landing!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
clarky999, Grenoble don't let you.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
clarky999 wrote:
Just attach it to your backpack (handluggage) with the chin straps, sorted. Never ever had a problem with lot's of flying like that.

And every time it gets bumped and bashed in transit, how much unseen weakening of the shell might be happening?
snow conditions
Why would it get bashed around in transit? It's not like when it's on my back I'm staggering around backwards and falling on it. Yeah sometimes it may swing a little and come back and hit my (soft) backpack, but I wouldn't waste money on a helmet that could get damaged so easily. It's safer than being chucked in a suitcase/hold all which gets lobbed in the hold then shitloads of other stuff chucked on top.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy