Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm in a bit of a pickle of my own making, and I was hoping I could ask your advice as to what I should to.

Basically I booked a holiday for ten people to Val Thorens from London on 21st of March this year, quite a few months ago. The booking included flights / fully catered accommodation & ski hire so wasn't too cheap -- £750 each.. For various reasons which I won't go into, the group broke up and we won't be going. However it's no close close to the holiday date that there's a 55% charge to cancel now, which goes up to 70% ! in a couple of days. Obviously this would be very painful, but I'm not having much luck finding anyone to take over even part of the trip.. I have advertised here a couple of time now, with no interest. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=61425&highlight=

Do you think I'm likely to get more interest as we get closer to the date, and people look to book something last minute, or am I better off just cancelling now rather than throwing good money after bad? Any other suggestions - a third party who might sell it on, a better place to advertise etc are also welcome. You can also tell me I'm an idiot if you like, I probably am, but constructive critisism is most useful at this point!

Thanks!

Darren

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 18-02-10 11:06; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm not surprised you haven't had any reply

1. In your first ad you say fully catered. This post you say self catering
2. 21 - 27 march is a wierd time to go, not many operators do sun - sat (maybe wrong)
3. For 'self catering', as described above, £750 pp is expensive

Plus you offer no reason for not going.

(PS. *hoping, *quite, *accommodation, *criticism, *sentence construction might help)

Not to be rude, but this seems wierd
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Snowgirl,
Thank's for that. Sorry about the spelling errors / self catering error, I was writing this late last night and didn't proof read properly. I can confirm it's a fully catered Chaltet as in the link. You're right as well, the flight back is on the 28th.

The reason I'm not going has nothing to do with the holiday itself, I'd love to be still going, but basically a few of the people I had confirmed can now not make it, and all of the maybes became no. I know I should have got everyone confirmed and deposits from everyone before booking, but I had so many maybe's I thought I was safe, and could find one or two extra if need be.. I was dumb I know.

Hope that clears it up.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sorry for being pedantic about the spelling, was a little bored.

Someone else advertised a holiday on here recently that he couldn't go on, I think he ended up selling it through ebay in the end. Might be worth a try if you don't get any takers on Snowheads.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy