Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Women's downhill

Poster: A snowHead
PisteHead, Maria Riesch also uses men's skis.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
barry wrote:
rjs wrote:
I wonder whether Lindsey Vonn will be ok for the Super Combined tomorrow.

what, after her night in the tub with me and Chemmy??

I was thinking more of the way that she didn't stand on her right ski after the final jump.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rather bloody annoyed at the BBC, cutting off coverage at racer 25 - they showed every single starter for the men's DH, why ont for the women? Ok, not al lon BBC 2 but that's what the red button is for.

well done Chemmy though, good race
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rjs wrote:
PisteHead, Maria Riesch also uses men's skis.

Rjs, A question for another thread is what are and how big the differences are aside from graphics, length and flex.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
eurosport switched over too Sad
10 min since the results updated - big crash?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
on a slight tangent (only slight based on how this thread has progressed!), but I saw Clare Balding in heathrow once (she was off to the races somewhere with that little gobshite willie carson). Anyhoo, point is that she is an extremely attractive woman in the flesh - no foolin.

I'd be willing to bet a fair chunk that both Lindsey Vonn and Anja Paerson will both be racing again tomorrow - as I said before its the Olympics, and these lassies are proper world class athletes, neither of which the overwhelming majority of us punters can can fathom
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nbt, .Ro, some of us don't have Red buttons so once the net coverage dies that's it. What don't I pay my TV license for Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nbt, because it was a farce. One of the very young canadian racers, I think about number 30, (I refused to watch anymore) had a horrific fall and even the Austrian TV cut to something other than skiing.
PisteHead, mens ski, much harder ,wider radius, much more strength needed to control it.Graphic have nothing to do with it, length depends on how the girl like to ski it, but obviously, the longer the faster.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 17-02-10 22:03; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
barry, on another slight tangent, have you seen the women's GB curling team, slidey babes Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dwarf Vader, good eye brother! that stretchy-out position when she slides her stone is quite something wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 17-02-10 22:27; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
barry wrote:
when she slides her stone

That sounds...... interesting
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DAB wrote:
clarky999, 2-3, that track was very physically demanding, Does anyone know if Vonn is the only one using mens DHskis?
hat

Anja Pärson was on apparently on 210s, but she went short for this course. Would usually be on 215s for a less turny set. Hope she's okay.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boys, you all need to get a grip........(literally!!!) or go into Boris´s bar wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DAB, what I, and I presume ntb is annoyed about is that BBC HD went off air saying "Press the Red button for more of the Downhill." So we did. And all we got was a replay of what we'd seen already! Evil or Very Mad Farce or not (your opinion), they showed all the men, why not the women. Discrimination? That's illegal, isn't it? Twisted Evil
ski holidays
maggi, I think all the good-looking ones were down by then?? (and Cars, Cops and Criminals was about to start)

Razz Razz Razz
ski holidays
maggi, you are right, but I think that the fall out in this race was inacceptable, don´t you??Have you ever seen a race where so many women crashed?This isnt a club race, these are the best racers in the world, that track was brutal, God help the later less experienced racers, ok I know they wont be travelling at such speeds, but still, I think its amazing no-one has been seriously injured, although at the moment according to FIS the race is interrupted as the Canadian Rubens had a very serious crash.And yes, the coverage from BBS sucks, thats why I have ORF! Twisted Evil NehNeh
snow conditions
DAB wrote:

PisteHead, mens ski, much harder ,wider radius, much more strength needed to control it.Graphic have nothing to do with it, length depends on how the girl like to ski it, but obviously, the longer the faster.

DH:

Mens = 215cm@r=49m
Womens = 210@r=45m

Someone with 1st hand experience could comment on flex differences - the race catalogues don't say anything about that.
latest report
DAB, you're right. The race was brutal. It looked nasty compared to the men's and I, too, had heart in mouth at times. Unlike some who post on here, (yes, some have admitted it), I hate to see crashes. But it is the Olympics and the BBC promised us "all the action". That's what all the red buttons are for. They seem to be taking after the politicians here. All mouth and no trousers Evil or Very Mad .
latest report
You Brits have nothing to complain about re: olympic ski racing coverage. Here in the USA our women racers finish 1-2 (first US gold medal ever in downhill) and they don't cover the race live on NBC. Now that's coverage that sucks! NBC also blocks live streaming video. I live close to Canada so we get CTV (who covered every racer live) in our cable package. It's pathetic that NBC does such a wee wee poor job of olympic coverage. It's all about figure skating.

They showed taped coverage a total of 6 racers (with three commercial interruptions) the evening of the men's downhill. Bode Miller has a fantastic race taking the bronze (a few inches out of the gold) and NBC still talks mostly about his boozing and bad attitude in '06. They'll probably give the women the same amount of coverage tonight. I am happy to report that NBC will lose $200 million on the olympics. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.
snow report
choucas, dont judge us all to the lowest common denominator, we aint all British Laughing
ski holidays
choucas, thats harsh!congrats BTW Very Happy
ski holidays
Duly noted. NBC still sucks and I didn't use the words wee wee.
latest report
choucas, have to say that whenever I'm in the US I've been shocked at how poor the TV coverage is of Olympic Games. Not sure how it compares to coverage of your domestic games like football or baseball, but I hope for your sake it's better!
snow report
choucas, Laughing Laughing Do we believe you!
snow conditions
snowbandit, Guess so Razz Are you watching the cross country??????????. latest comment - " Fit as a butchers dog"
snow report
barry,
Quote:

rjs wrote:
I wonder whether Lindsey Vonn will be ok for the Super Combined tomorrow.

what, after her night in the tub with me and Chemmy??

And then you woke up and it was time to go to work. ah well, may be next time Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
DAB wrote:
clarky999, 2-3, that track was very physically demanding, Does anyone know if Vonn is the only one using mens DHskis?

Yeah a few have before. Katja Seizinger back in the day did for awhile then went back to women's skis. Kostner did for a couple of WC races. Parson experimented recently but decided to stick with women's skiis. Vonn was already dominant in DH so I'm not sure how much of a difference they've made for her.

Tomorrow may be Chemmy's biggest chance but the Super G and GS are better events for her too. Elated for Jules.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Here's a brief report about the Canadian lady who crashed.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/vancouver2010/news/2010/02/17/12917751.html
snow report
DAB wrote:
maggi,Have you ever seen a race where so many women crashed?
Yes. Many times. I can recall recent WC races in Switzerland and Colorado were more racers crashed. Even at World Champs in Val d'isere about the same number of women failed to make it down in the opening Super G. It is a tough course sure. Take into account that the women only had one training run over the piste that was split into separate runs rather than the whole course. So obviously they were carrying more speed through the bottom section. Also, it's the Olympics so they'll take more risks than ever. It isn't the more difficult course they've ever been on and it's not something they're incapable of skiing. They just could have used one full training run. It's not beyond their capabilities and I don't see any real controversy.
snow conditions
IrishEskimo, agreed, 1 training run was not enough.
snow conditions
I remember a few years ago in Whistler skiing Franz's with a friend who'd skiied for Australia, and commenting how hard it was and I was glad we were doing that, not the Dave Murray. She replied that the pistes used for women's courses tend to be harder than those used fo the mens's, as the overall speeds are slower so they're able to use the more demanding pistes- the men just wouldn;t make some of the turns due to the higher speeds. Having seen tonight's race, I can believe it!
ski holidays
barry, Your comments on here tonight have been total tosh (polite version) why don't you go and for instance yourself (also polite version) NehNeh

p.s I'm sorry Bakkies didn't get justice too. I would have loved to have seen the Lions 99 him in the third test Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Hope Paerson is back in action, reckon she was on for a silver until she crashed.
Wonder has she Irish grandparents, she could stand in for Jerry Flannery in our front row too wink
ski holidays
I see Chemmy ended up in 13th spot

Rank Bib Athlete
1 16 VONN Lindsey
2 10 MANCUSO Julia
3 5 GOERGL Elisabeth
4 14 FISCHBACHER Andrea
5 18 SUTER Fabienne
6 6 JANYK Britt
7 15 MARCHAND-ARVIER Marie
8 22 RIESCH Maria
9 7 RECCHIA Lucia
10 27 STECHERT Gina
11 4 COOK Stacey
12 12 STYGER Nadia
13 2 ALCOTT Chemmy
14 28 MADER Regina
15 3 RUIZ CASTILLO Carolina
16 17 BRYDON Emily
17 8 REVILLET Aurelie
18 24 MAZE Tina
19 9 KAMER Nadja
20 36 FERK Marusa
21 37 RUBENS Shona
22 26 SCHNARF Johanna
23 19 JACQUEMOD Ingrid
24 32 COLETTI Alexandra
25 29 FENNINGER Anna
26 34 PROSTEVA Elena
27 31 ZAHROBSKA Sarka
28 39 GUTIERREZ Mireia
29 42 SIMARI BIRKNER Maria Belen
30 25 LINDELL-VIKARBY Jessica
31 38 SIMARI BIRKNER Macarena
32 40 GASIENICA DANIEL Agnieszka
33 45 KIRKOVA Maria
34 41 BARAHONA Noelle
35 43 BERECZ Anna
36 23 MCKENNIS Alice
37 44 FEDOTOVA Lyudmila
38 1 KRIZOVA Klara
33 SIMMERLING Georgia
11 GISIN Dominique
13 MERIGHETTI Daniela
20 ROLLAND Marion
21 PAERSON Anja
30 FANCHINI Elena
35 MIKLOS Edith

*** Annoying BBcode problem, that was a very tidy table even in the preview screen, but once it goes live, all column formats lost ***

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 17-02-10 23:24; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
Dwarf Vader wrote:
I see Chemmy ended up in 13th spot

Hopefully she will do better in the disciplines she's been much stronger in this season: combined, SG and maybe GS.
ski holidays
Did you notice how many times they mentioned which skiers were friends with who? I couldn't work it out in the end.

Chemmy had apparently said that Mancuso was her best mate (yes I've seen the hot tub photo!), Mancuso in turn is apparently best mate with Vonn, and Vonn is apparently best mate with Reisch Very Happy
latest report
hammerite, that's girlies for you.
snow report
Helen Beaumont wrote:
hammerite, that's girlies for you.

Yes, the OH commented that although they say this that it's probably a right bitch fest Very Happy
latest report
robboj, I hang my head in shame, your validation is everything to me

i would've loved the lions to 99 too, but that was the biggest (and possibly only?) weak-point of that team - they just werent tough enough (or willing enough) to have at it with the boks - if they had piled in the first time that Botha / Matfield / duPlesis started, things could well have been different

I stand corrected and contrite (seeing as you're from the skiing, rugby and humour capital of the world - Paisley!)

Lean ar aghaidh, amadán wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy