Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plan B - 6MAR-13MAR - Reccommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I am trying to find a good value package for La Rosiere - 6MAR-13MAR - see this thread: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=61721

I will try to gamble and wait till week-10days before to try and get a bargain. However I need to consider and think about plan B should this original plan falls through.

What do you guys suggest for 2 adults, beginners on their 2nd ski season? I don't mind the place as long as it is good for learners, close to slopes, etc

My budget is £600-£700pp all in, i.e., air/rail/transfer fares, accomodation, food, lessons, ski hire, pass.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Cheers, RB51
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
redbaron51, You probably will get a good value package, provided you're really flexible about resort. Most would fit your bill, really - there are a few resorts which are no good for beginners, but they're a small minority. You can get a quick opinion here, if something good comes up. What sort of accommodation are you looking for? Where did you go before?

Is there no provision in your budget for ski lessons? wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Pam,
2008: 3 days in Harrachov Czech Rep., but it was just to "feel" the snow/skis, nothing serious
2009: 1 week in Flaine with lessons. Loved it and got the bug
I am hoping to spend £600-£700 including everything (ie lessons).
We want to stay in a chalet or hotel where food is provided, as we don't want to waste time in bars/restarurants.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
redbaron51, I think your budget is a tad optimistic - that's a very popular time of year, usually the best snow. Even UCPA (see http://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/datesandprices.aspx) costs about that, and most "hotel" experiences will be more. You might get a last minute deal but self-catering might give you the best chance to stay within your budget.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
redbaron51, I think your budget is OK lessons aside. It's roughly what I have paid for a week in La Thuile (same ski area as La Ros), HB hotel, flights, transfers, etc, through a TO except that I have paid ski carriage rather than rental and booked ages ago.

You may need to budget a bit more for the lessons though. There are plenty of good prices about on TO websites at the moment, and somewhere called Axamer Lixum (near Innsbruck I think) which offers 'all-in' completely inclusive prices starting from £609.

Hope you find what you are looking for.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy