Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ladies Boardercross - Jacobellis crashes out again

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Oh dear - will she ever get that monkey off her back - hit a gate in the semi and didn't qualify for the final.

Maelle Ricker got my bet for the final...

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 16-02-10 23:13; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

will she ever get that monkey off her back

No and she doesn't deserve to either.

Helene for me.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm actually beginning to feel sorry for her...she did really well to hold on after a bad landing, but just couldn't get back under control enough to avoid the gate. Rickert's looking awesome.

Shame Zoe G didn't make it through, but after a poor start she had a very composed run and was unlucky nobody in front screwed up. Next time...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
what happened to Zoe G in the petit-final, did she have an injury...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whilst I'm all in favour of more girly snowboarders as a spectacle the ladies boarder cross was rubbish compared to the mens. In the ladies virtually all the QF's had only 3 finishers, and there were no close finishes in any of the races - in the final Ricker got launched from the gate and just needed to keep it up to win.

Compared to the mens where we had at least two races where there was a board's nose between qualifying and not qualifying...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bertie bassett, my mate said something about foot/ankle. When she crashed here in the world cup a few weeks ago I was worried she might not make the games; it was pretty horrific. Although I thought it was a wrist one then. In the 1/4 final she knuckled pretty hard at the end of the course, in fact she was lucky to stay up, which might have caused it. 8th is pretty good though given her performances over the last few races, still hope she can step up that final level.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If there are so many BBC people at the Olympics, are we going to get someone to ask Zoe what happened?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
maggi, fair point...much as Ed Leigh is an entertaining commentator, he seems to be pretty useless when it comes to insight. He thought it might be an injury, but I don't really understand why she'd bother starting if she was going to pull straight out (there might be technical reasons why you have to I suppose). I wondered if she'd just made a terrible start and then realised that she'd never make it up the two ramps...?

bertie bassett, I haven't watched enough to know if the men's/women's thing generally works like that or if it was just this course. It could even be the weather - the BBC were claiming that the rain had washed away 12" of snow today Shocked so I guess the course might have changed a lot overnight?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ChrisWo, the course looked a lot icier today. IME watching snowboardX sometimes the mens is better and sometimes the womens is better. I think this course a fair bit depended on the start as the first ramp was pretty close and bloody steep, in the qualifiers I saw a few struggle to get over it.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Glad Jacobelis blew it again if only because NBC, whose coverage is utter toilet, having been hyping her something rotten as "chance for redemption" etc rather than showing actual competition (also showed irrelevant feature on polar bears for more time than highlights of Men's Downhill during their primetime sports show)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Zoe Gillings wrote:
"Something in my left knee went in the semi-final and pure adrenaline kept me going," she told BBC Sport.

"I wasn't sure whether to race the small final and even in the start gate I didn't know how far I'd get down the course.

"As soon as we were about to race I felt my knee again so I decided to pop out of the start gate and then get off the course as soon as possible.

"I'm not sure what I would have done if I had been in the final. The lure of an Olympic medal would have been immense but my knee would not been able to have withstood it.

"Overall I'm pretty happy with a top eight in the Olympics. It was a much better experience than Turin four years ago. I love competing in the Winter Games so now I'll start planning for Sochi in four years' time."
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy