Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski choice - Advice needed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Need some advice regarding what ski to hire for my week in the 3 valleys. The choice I have is:
Dynastar Contact 9
Rossignol XFight 4 Blue
Salomon Tornado

All to be hired from Ski Republic (I’ll leave the debate as to the merits of the company for another thread!)

For information, I am a competent intermediate; I ski once a year in France and have been doing so for the last 5 years (some years I did 2 weeks). I can handle most things on the piste though do struggle with moguls. I like fast reds best and will mostly ski on piste, though I do venture into the powder occasionally.

I'm a 6'4" bloke, 29 years young and a svelte 15.5 stone.

All advice would be gratefully received.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stevec, No idea, but at 6'4" and 15.5 stone I'd say Ski Republic will give you whatever ski you ask for! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stevec, No experience of the X-fight the other two are good piste skis with the tornado a bit fatter under foot it will be better off piste.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Any more thoughts all?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just looking at the German tests ....

Dynastar Contact 9 isn't rated highly (Last place in test)
http://www.testberichte.de/preisvergleich/level4_ski_presse_93806.html

Salomon Tornado is pretty good (Third Place in test)
http://www.testberichte.de/preisvergleich/level4_test_stiftung_warentest__93628.html

Rossignol XFight 4 Blue
Looks good (no placings in this test but tipped)
http://www.testberichte.de/preisvergleich/level4_planetsnow_64199.html
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Salomon Tornado, of that lot. They are all rental versions though, and therefore made of cheese, with some crackers to fill out the gaps. It depends on how many times they've been used as to how much life they have left in them. I'd wait to get out there and see which ones have some spring left.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stevec, the best advice I can give you is to never ever use the phrase "... years young". Even if the subject of the comment is over 80 it's patronising and unbearable twee. Spoken by a 29 year old it's just dreadful.

Having said that, your best bet is the Salamons.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dr John, a fair point and well made.

Everyone else, thanks for the advice.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dr John, hey retard.... your best bet is to learn how to spell s-a-l-o-m-o-n.....

okbye
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
another steller contribution from snowpatrol
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dr John, You know he's only gonna come back now and tell you to learn how to spell stellar wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
one can only hope
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy