Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

altibus from Cahmbery airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Tignes and hoping to catch the Altibus from Chambery airport to Tignes. However, only one bus on a Sunday and my flight times are tight. Is it easy to find the Altibus coach station at the airport as I might have to run for my bus.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bluesy410, welcome to Snowheads. CHambery airport is *TINY*. No idea where the ALtibus leaves from but since CHambery makes Liverpool John Lennon look huge, you should have no problem finding it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's the scrum for the luggage carousel that's the pain. There are just two small belts, side by side and you can see both below. The door in from the tarmac is just to the left of the pic and the doors to outside are just to the right of it. There seems to be no customs to go through after reclaim. You can see buses outside the window - no idea where in the yard the Altibus is - get outside and collar someone to ask.

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The altibus transfer coach leaves from right outside the main airport door (or at least it did when we got it a few years ago) so no distance at all to go once you have your luggage - but if I remember rightly you have to get your ticket from a desk in the airport (again right by the door/car hire desks) - so assuming your flight is on time and the luggage chaos is not too bad (i.e. not more than one flight arriving at a time!) then you should be ok. The bus actually takes you to bourg bus station where you have to change onto other coaches to take you to the various resorts if I remember rightly (we were on ouir way to Val)

as a back up plan, you could get ataxi into champery itself and catch a train onwards to bourg and then get a coach or taxi up to tignes - might be worth checking out in case you do miss the altibus coach!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy