Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lens colours in flat light - if the olympians can't agree.....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Watching the moguls event and then the men's downhill I noticed that the skiers were using a variety of colours of goggle lens. The moguls course is under floodlights so the lighting should be good or at least constant throughout. The commentators kept telling us that during the first half or so of the downhill the light was very flat, remarking that if there was sun the times would be significantly quicker. I'm pretty sure I noticed competitors with blue, yellow, violet, rose and persimmon lenses before the sun came out. So I think I'll be content with my persimmon & stop worrying about whether I ought to buy a different colour to use in flat light as it's clearly not going to make that much difference - I'm probably going to dislike flat light whatever colour it's viewed through. I think my biggest problem is that I get very tense and that leads to stiffness, hardly the ideal thing for absorbing undulations you haven't seen.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In the downhill they probably practice blindfold anyway!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Downhillers looked to be wearing predominately yellow/persimmon with high light penetration tints. When the sun came out, they still used only mid tints but then much of the course was in tree shadow.

I guess its what the rider feels most comfortable in.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've also noticed they also wear less insulated clothing than someone spending 6 hours on the hill skiing around at a leisurely pace and don't carry sandwiches, camera, sunblock and piste maps...

I use perimmon/gold in crap light and a darker mirrored lens in sunshine - in the same way as I stick on factor 25 when the sun comes out. If I was only out for 5 minutes at a time though I'd ease off on the protection, as racers do, for maximum clarity.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Butterfly, lens colours are like sauces, thus:

sauce options when pressed for time to eat - if top rated chefs can't agree.....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

So I think I'll be content with my persimmon & stop worrying about whether I ought to buy a different colour to use in flat light as it's clearly not going to make that much difference

Quote:

I think my biggest problem is that I get very tense and that leads to stiffness, hardly the ideal thing for absorbing undulations you haven't seen.

Sounds good
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy