Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

altibus.com

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, Quick question, I purchased tickets online at altibus.com, will they be posted to me, or is a printout of the email confimration all i need?

thanks,
jim
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I just received my bus tickets through the post from them.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for the reply, can I ask when you made order, mine was
Quote:

faite le 27/01/2010 à 08h42

still nothing in the post! Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jimroger, A spanner..... I used it from Lyon Airport to BSM 3 times last year (and others I know) and tickets were always picked up at the airport.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jim,

My reservation was made on 3rd February; I received the actual tickets in the post late last week. To be honest I wasn't expecting to receive an actual ticket.

As part of my arrangements I've also booked a train journey; for that I selected online to receive the tickets through the post rather than pick them up on arrival, but didn't get this option with alitbus. Hopefully you'll be ok with the confirmation.

allanm, my return ticket says that I have to reconfirm my journey 48 hours before travel, but doesn't give me information on how to do it! Any tips?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dav, I picked up at the airport (Geneva) when I used them. I had to go to the Tourist office in La Tania to confirm my seat and ended up getting a private taxi to take me down to Moutiers- SCORE!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dav wrote:
allanm, my return ticket says that I have to reconfirm my journey 48 hours before travel, but doesn't give me information on how to do it! Any tips?

I didn't confirm the return once, nor did anyone else I know.
Just picked up tickets with confirmation slip at the airport, got on bus, and appeared at bus station for return trip. Not a bad way to travel, actually - would definitely use it again if I don't drive.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nadenoodlee and allanm, thanks. A few previous google searches had shown that La Tania reconfirmation can be done at the tourist office. I'm in Tignes and have got no idea if altibus have an office there or anything but will most likely just pop to the tourist office and see what they can do. If nothing, then I'll just rock up on time and hope for the best!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks for the replies, I sent off an email to them this morning and I just received a reply!

Quote:

You will be picking up your tickets at the Chambery Airport in exchange of the confirmation email that you received.

glad that's all sorted!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
off to Tignes shortly. Hoping to catch the Altibus from Chambery airport but only one bus on a Sunday and my flight times a re tight. Might have to run for the bus. Is it easy to find the Altibus coach station at the airport?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just another comment to try and allay my fears; how reliable are altibus for arriving on time? I have to get from Chambery airport to the train station and have got just over an hour to make it if all is on time; I would have liked a bit more leeway but the next train after mine isn't for another 6 hours! I'm sure I'll be fine as long as we get to the airport on time.....??
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dav wrote:
Just another comment to try and allay my fears; how reliable are altibus for arriving on time? I have to get from Chambery airport to the train station and have got just over an hour to make it if all is on time; I would have liked a bit more leeway but the next train after mine isn't for another 6 hours! I'm sure I'll be fine as long as we get to the airport on time.....??

IME, They allow for bad weather and I have counted on it, with bus arrival time same as check-in close time, bus was 20mins or so early.. pheww!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
allanm, that's pretty much what I had hoped; the prospect of sitting at Chambery train station for 6 hours waiting for the next train didn't exactly fillo me with glee!

Also, my return travel is not until 3rd April (after 4 weeks in Tignes, can't wait) so hopefully the prospect of bad weather will be a bit lower .
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy