Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhofen Ski route 1

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Zillertal in a couple of weeks and oggling the Mayrhofen map.

The link between the Rastkogel runs and the Eggalm runs seems to be down a skiroute no. 1. Anyone have any idea what this is like. Im not worried about it being a skiroute but more that it may be a pole-athon.

?

HE
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Its fine to ski or board down. Its a narrow run through the trees, not very steep but there's a gradient all the way down it so no poling required. We had boarders with us and they made it all the way down with no bother. It's quite a nice (albeit gentle) run actually.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's a mountain track well enjoyed by my boarder chums for having nice little kickery bits on the side. As Dav said it's actually a fairly good incline the whole way. All of the Eggalm mountain is solid red territory and there's no real option for timid skiiers from the top of the Eggalm Nord chair - and there's no other way out unless you hike to the winding blue about 30m above. The Vogelnest by the chairlift is well worth stopping at Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Definitely agree with andytb about the Vogelnest; we stopped there a couple of times for a hot chocolate, it's a really nice restaurant inside and out.

I really enjoyed the Eggalm part of the mountain; the reds are really nice, wide and cruisey. Plus it was much quieter than other parts of the mountain, I guess because it's a bit more of a trek to get there from the Penken. Make sure though, if you're heading back up the Rastkogelbahn that you follow the trails carefully, a couple of friends got caught out and very nearly missed the last lift up as they had to hike across the village!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Most of the Penken sector is in a valley and hence has limited views. Once you're over to Rastkogel you can see right up to Hintertux, and from Eggalm back down the valley/gorge towards Finkenberg. You'll make the trip, multiple times Wink

And on Eggalm they've got a new six pack this year to replace that daft 2 man thing!

/geeeeek
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy