Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying extra baggage allowance before you go??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Both myself and BF have bought ourselves new boots and will obviously be taking these away with us. Whilst we're going to be hiring ski's whilst out there, we also have a pair of snowblades to take out with us to play around with on one or 2 of the days which on previous holidays have fitted into the suitcase and we have had no problems with.

here's the issue....

Last year (being female and a bad packer...) I was right at the top limit of my 20kgs including my hand luggage and my boyfriend was under but not by a huge amount because of his blades. However with the ski boots this time I'm worried we're gonna really struggle to take the other things we need without having to pack really really light. Can we pay for extra baggage allowance before we go or would it be a possibility to purchase ski carriage for £30, and use it for the snowblades and one pair of boots.

Help!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just don't take the blades. What airline are you flying with?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Really need to check the Ts and Cs with the airline. For example, one airline I went with recently allows 23kg for the ski bag and lets the boots on for free, they are not combined together for the weight allowance. Though I'm guessing from the purchasing extra baggage allowance comment this is Ryanair or Easyjet?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yes yes, I am aware of the bad stick about the blades wink got it. No further comment...

We are flying from Bournemouth with Thompson. Have looked at terms and conditions but not coming up with much at the mo that is clear.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dump spare shoes, clothes and toiletries - the latter in particualr as they are much cheaper to buy in resort compared to excess baggage
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
From the sounds of this:
http://flights.thomson.co.uk/en/flywithus_2688.html

You are allowed a set of sports equipment ie skis (including boots) for £15 each way. I think this is in addition to a suitcase of 20kg. Since they do not state it directly, I guess it will involve a phone call and you have to do that anyway to book them. I didn't book equipment once before with Thompson and instead of the £15 they charged me £20 at the airport.
Now, where this gets complicated is if you take 1 ski bag that also fits all your clothes in like mine and that may take some arguing because it will likely be close to 23kg or more if it has skis, poles, clothes, etc.
Alternatively, I believe you can take a boot bag as hand luggage though definitely check that one out, since most boot bags have pouches for carrying stuff other than boots it could be suitable. With security now it might be an issue...read here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=47632
and here: http://www.j2ski.com/ski-chat-forum/posts/list/12/4950.page
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy